Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the best Yoda sculpt?

I've had several opportunities to get the Saga Yoda, but passed on all of 'em. Something about this sculpt I just didn't care for. The only Yodas I have are a couple of old POTF Yodas from '95-'96; I never got the Flashback one, either, though the rooted hair's growing on me, so to speak. I've seen pics of the vintage one with the cloth cloak, and it looks cool. What I'm planning is a diorama with the Republic Gunship, with Yoda in the ship as the focal point.

Which Yoda would YOU use? (Lightsaber and orange snake pack-ins notwithstanding.)

The Yoda from the Deluxe set that is coming soon, will likely look the best if your doing a E2 Diorama of Yoda in the Gunship. The Saga one is good, but only for action dioramas. The Flashback one is really great also, but fits better in scenes for the OT. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but the Gunship isn't out yet anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

i think the new deluxe will be the best too.
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

looking back at the other deluxe figures it will be difficult for the Deluxe Yoda to be good.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

In all seriousness, the vintage Yoda is the best sculpt.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by evenflow
    In all seriousness, the vintage Yoda is the best sculpt.
    It was good for it's time, but if you want to put it with any of the modern figures it's going to look really out of place. Really, in my honest opinion, the only thing that is really better about the vintage one is the soft goods cloak and having 2 legs. His face is goofy, and he's way to happy looking. Sadly in the following comparison from DeathStarPlans.com, they used the dark faced Saga Yoda in the comparison.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yoda thru the years.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	2798  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Do you guys think the Deluxe Yoda will be just as rare as the Basic one?

I hope not, even though I did get the basic one.

I would have to say the EPI Yoda, at least for it's sculpt. I think it's dead on to the puppet from the movie. The new Yoda is a little goofy, but I like him (the base is kick-arse). I never really liked the POTF Yoda's, but I did like the vintage ones. Could someone post a good pic of the new DX Yoda so I can have an opinion on him?
    "Flanders was a zombie?"

-Homer Simpson

Dar' Argol is a good guy to trade with!!!

the new dx yoda is goanna be so sweet!
    "Fought well you have my old padawan"-Yoda

"This is just the begining"-Count Dooku

be sure to check out my site http://pub78.ezboard.com/bgundamhangerrpg

I never liked the E1 Yoda at all.

My favorite is the POTF Flashback though. I love the hair baby!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"