Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Deluxe Darth Maul Picture

Check out the attachment!

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darthmaulhas.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	83  
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I think that it is a cool figure, but there are better choices out there. The Leia and Maul could have been on regular cards.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

It's a cool figure but there is something about it that just doesn't do it for me.

Hasbro was really reaching with this one. Which is a shame since there are so many possibilities with the deluxe line, even with Ep1. For instance: Nute Gunray on walking chair with walking holo-projector; fully-transformable Droid-Fighter; Queen Amidala with throne and table. Just to name a few. There's plenty left to explore in Ep1, so why does Hasbro feel the need to go all EU with Ep1 already?

It looks ok, I don't know? The Training droid looks pretty darn big to me, Did he fight one that size in the comic book that the figures were taken from???

Nice sculpt
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

IMO...

This thing is WEAK! The shoulder's are standard joints, and the lower mid-arm cut joints appear worthless since they'll ruin the tattoo look and do the same job as the upper ones. All in all, this feels lame, especially compared to the other 3 (yes, even Amanaman).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maul looks OK to me and he has this Eeth-Koth-esque pose which is quite interesting. I hope Hasbro makes his face looks meaner than all its previous versions.
    Now, about the big bad droid - can't help but think it looks like some Pokemon creature with those big red "eyes"
    It certainly is the least attractive of the rest of the deluxe and as I have said before, I don't need the droid but would happily buy topless Maul if he's release as a standard card n' blister fig.

Re: IMO...

Originally posted by JediTricks
    This thing is WEAK! The shoulder's are standard joints, and the lower mid-arm cut joints appear worthless since they'll ruin the tattoo look and do the same job as the upper ones. All in all, this feels lame, especially compared to the other 3 (yes, even Amanaman).
    Yeah, if this is true, (and I am inclined to trust Jedi Tricks's comments) I don't think I'll be getting one. The tattoo designs are kinda cool, but I don't see from the pictures how this one qualifies as deluxe. Still better than, say, break-apart Maul, but hardly worth the extra money.
    Last edited by Obi-Dan Kenobi; 09-16-2001 at 02:07 PM.

Another thing is that the droid isn't really too great. I dunno if it's accurate to the comic or not, but it feels like a cheesy trashy pack-in like that junk that came with most of the X-Men: Evolution figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Though I have no interest in the Maul figure for my personal (out of the package) collection, I will probably pick one up anyway. I must admit that the color picture, which is far superior to the cheesy b&w duotone image that predated this one, makes the figure look a lot better than expected. I agree that it was a poor choice for the initial deluxe line and should have been a regular carded release.
    As to how accurate the droid is to those in the comic, I am pleased to see so many, even those who love the EU don't know for sure. We will have to wait until Sith Worm is online again to clear that up for us. It looks poorly designed enough to have come from a comic, an issue I will address later in a different forum.
    Though I question the necessity of a second, non-seated Princess Leia as Jabba's Prisoner, especially in light of the fact that she was amoung the last of the "repacks", I think that the Deluxe version is quite striking and makes the line a 75% "must have" in my book (Maul making up the less desireable 25%).
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.