Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does this GIRL keep popping up in a new browser window?

I did a little photo editing to help her out with some reading material.

If she wants to be evil and pop-up on our window screens, might as well send her back to her advertising company with a little hint about how I feel about it

(though I do think she's WAaaaaaayYY Attractive! )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my student.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	2809  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

In case you can't see what she's reading, here's a larger picture to help you out.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho,

Is that a real book or is it a running joke of some kind?

And that girl pops up every time I check email.

I think it is a real book. I photo-shopped the by-lines so that it looks like I wrote it.

I had been in the Pledge of Allegiance debate and in the now-closed Jesus Loves You thread and had seen a lot of religion as hypocracy. In the extreme opposite of what good God-fearing Christians believe, etc. I wondered what Satanists believe. In trying to research that, I think I found that book - possibly sold at Amazon.com.

I never had time to finish what Satanists believe in, but I'll get around to it.

It's silly really. While it may be fun to shock people, or a way to protest what's been done in the name of God and country (so to speak) I really don't believe Satan exists and there's a Hell for your afterlife, etc.

But supposing there was, how do you make a religion out of that one? Then again, I made one out of the Mouse Droid Sniffing Cult, so...

But if you're interested in seeing if that's a real book, try getting it on Amazon. Let me know if you find it and how much it costs. And is a sheep or goat included, or is that only with extra shipping costs?

Why is it that the people trying to sell religion door to door never look like that?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I know, right? Maybe then they'd make a sale!

OK, it answered one question though: this girl is from an advertiser paying ActionOnline, owner of SirStevesGuide.com.

It's an ad we're all getting, unwanted, and it's popping up whenever we're online (multiple times, too).

So the one site we've all visited in common is undoubtedly, SirSteve's.

K.

It's not like I don't like looking at this chic, she's totally my type. But I'm online and appreciating what's convenient about our forums here. Not controlling pop-up windows.

Oh well, they pay for the site I guess...

I haven't seen that pop-up yet, does it show when visiting the SirSteve's home page or the forums? just curious.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Curious, I'll have to give the pop ups a chance - I usually delete them immediately.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port
    I haven't seen that pop-up yet, does it show when visiting the SirSteve's home page or the forums? just curious.
    I don't know. I think some of the sites I visit (and they're pretty much only Star Wars ones) have put programs running on my computer that call to them (advertisers) or whatever.

When I cont-alt-delete and it lists what's running, there's a lot of unnecessary stuff that shouldn't be running and it was slowing down my computer and causing errors.

Oh - it could relate to somethings from using MusicMatch.