Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Marvel Legends questions

Hey guys. I guess I have been in a Super Hero mood lately. I love the new Justice League cartoon, and enjoyed the Spiderman movie. I have always loved the cartoons, and somewhat the comics. As a kid I read the comics enough to keep up with general story lines, but I never followed any regularly. However I had tons of toys, mostly Super Powers figures, and the Mego Super Hero figures. I would read the comics now, but I cannot justify the price of them for 5 minutes of reading.

I am not THAT impressed by the DC Direct line. They just look off somehow. I actually prefer the old Super Powers Figures over them I think.

Anyway, I have a few questions about the Marvel Legends line I suppose. Are Toad, Captain America, Iron Man, and Hulk the only ones released? I thought there was a Spiderman as well. I couldn't care less for Toad, but the others look good. I noticed there is a gold variant Iron Man, which looks pretty sweet. I don't usually do variants, but that one looks much cooler than the others. Anyway, I will of course be opening these.

Also, are they easy to find? Hard to find? Where do you usually find them? Wal-Mart, Toys R Us? Online? I haven't really seen them anyway, though I confess to not looking too hard. And how much do they usually cost?

Is the movie Spiderman figure similar to the Marvel Legends figures? Any more coming out soon? Have I asked enough questions yet?

Any and all help is appreciated.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Cool Re: MARVEL LEGEND FIGURES

I heard in Sept a few new MARVEL LEGENDS will be out:

THOR, the Sub Mariner [NAMOR] , THING , DOOM, etc

I saw several Spiderman sets at KB toy store, they also had the
    "RHINO" , WALMART doesnt sell MARVEL LEGENDs, Ive only seen
    them at TRU and KB toys.

I forgot to mention that I also saw the MARVEL LEGEND called:
    "DARE DEVIL" at TRU that also comes with a comic book for $6.99
    KB Toys sells them for $7.99 thats how much I paid for the RHINO
    fig with comic book, the comic is a re-print of the old 1960's comic.

So far, the ones you listed are the only ones out. The next series of Marvel Legends will include Dr. Doom (who will appear with a variant), the Thing, the Human Torch and Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

The sculpts on these things are incredible, the articulation is amazing, and the choice of characters is really cool. Except for Toad - what the hell?

There is already a variant on the Hulk, other than a planned color/accessory var. The first shipments came with the Hulk's hands flat, fingers stretched out, like a fan. I noticed, recently, that they have changed the hands to incorporate moving fingers - there is a joint at the knuckles, and the fingers are molded bent, instead of straight. The fingers are molded together, not independently moving.

They are mainly found in comic book and specialty toy stores. I can probably help you out. PM me if you want more details than that.

I am not sure if the movie Spider-man figure is the same scale as the Marvel Legends, but it features the same amount of articulation. There is a series entitled Spider-man Classics, that is packaged and articulated much like the Legends. Hope I was of some help!

EDIT: the Rhino and Daredevil are part of the Spider-man Classics line, not Marvel Legends.

The "RHINO" has less articulation compared to the HULK fig,
    the Rhino's head can turn and look up or down, his arms only
    move at the shoulder socket, the elbows cant bend, the waist
    can twist and the upper torso is double jointed and can twist or
    lean forward, the legs dont have any articulation in the knees or
    ankles, but the mid thigh and hip joint are articulated.

Thanks a lot guys! I guess I will go looking at Toys R Us for these! I will look out for the Spiderman line as well. I just wish DC had a good line too. Personally, I was hoping someone would have made a cool DC vs Marvel line to go with the comics. Oh well.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    Thanks a lot guys! I guess I will go looking at Toys R Us for these! I will look out for the Spiderman line as well. I just wish DC had a good line too. Personally, I was hoping someone would have made a cool DC vs Marvel line to go with the comics. Oh well.
    I was VERY impressd with the new Marvel Legends too but I can't bring myself to buy any of them. I'm not a particular fan of any of those characters, although I do really like the Iron Man character. I would strongly consider buying him but I dislike the classic designs which are what the current figure and the variant represent. If it had been a modern representation of him I would have snapped him up in a heartbeat.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    The Spiderman Classics line is quite old by now and if lucky you'll only find the 2nd series in shops (Rhino, Daredevil, Spiderman, ?). Otherwise I think you'll only find the first lot on e-bay (Spiderman Classic, Symbiote Spiderman, Man-Spider and Venom).

I saw some pics of the 2nd set of Legends to come out on Action Figure Express, Thing looks pretty good.
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The Spider-man Classics line and Marvel Legends line both utilize the 30+ articulation bodies. I consider them all the same line since they all work with each other.
    The first Spidey classic line was, as Nihilus said, Classic Spidey, Blacksuit Spidey, a crappy Vanom, and Man Spider.

The second line up was Rhino, Daredevil (with a ultra rare yellow costume variant), Ditko Spidey from the classic comics, and Spidey based on the current(at the time) artist's conception.
    The third line will have Dr octopus, Lizard, and two more Spidey variations.

The fourth line wil have Hobgoblin ( a sweetass figure!0 and THREE more Spidey variations. Stop it Toy biz. Enough Spideys.

The Marvel legends line has Hulk, Cap, Iron Man (with a gold variation) and (sigh) Toad.
    The next line has Namor (in his icky new black outfit, not the classic green trunks) Thing, Human Torch, and Doom.
    The following lineup has been mentioned having Thor, Hawkeye, Punisher etc.

There is also possibly an X-Men line being started as well.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Ah, The Toad

Poor misunderstood Toad. No one likes The Toad! And I can't blame you, it is fairly poorly realized with the lacklustre paint job and oily looking overpaint.

However, from the standpoint of future collectibility, you may well want to pick one up if you find one. Though he is decidedly unpopular, you have undoubtedly noticed that there is rarely more than one on the pegs at a time (you would expect at least three or four). A customer of mine asked me to order a case of the current Marvel Legends for him. I inspected it upon arrival as he was hopeful to receive the gold, "Ditko-style" variant of Iron Man. He did not. But I did notice one rather unique aspect, there was only ONE Toad figure in the case of 12! I cannot speak for all case pack-outs, but this certainly seems rather telling. Perhaps Toy Biz felt that The Toad was too lame for words and just cut the production run short on that figure. If this is the case, he could turn out to be almost as rare as the variant figures.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.