Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New HD Anakin Variation!

hey i just read on yakface.com that someone has found a new HD Anakin with a peg in place of a magnet. there werent any pictures, but i dont see how this cold be false, given that hasbro has stated that some of its magnets were weak...

I'd much prefer a peg than a magnet, they are weak!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Is this a variation you can ONLY find by opening the package? Or can it be seen through the bubble?
    http://www.streetmusicny.com

"Street Music" (Directed by JD Marlow) is a documentary short about performance in public spaces, focusing on NYC street and subway musicians. Check out my web site for more information about the film!

I just received my new HD Anakin, and I think there must be figures out there with weak magnets and some with stronger magnets. Because the magnet in my Anakin's arm seems to be just fine.

If they do opt for a peg rather than a magnet, the Dooku figure won't be able to chop Anakin's arm off with his lightsaber.

That is IF you can FIND a Dooku figure to do that

You can always tell by the production date on the back so stop saying there is only one way to find out.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

This does follow Hasbro's logic with Bespin Luke. The character doesn't need to use the Force to re-attract his hand, so it's more accurate to make it a one-way attraction. Thus, the peg.

But I'd much rather there be no action feature, keep the magnet, and have some sort of arm lock - when in place, the arm is doubly secured by more plastic, but taking the lock off allows the arm to be sliced realistically, with just the magnet holding it on. Sort of a "play vs. show" option.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by TIE Pilot
    I just received my new HD Anakin, and I think there must be figures out there with weak magnets and some with stronger magnets. Because the magnet in my Anakin's arm seems to be just fine.
    I bought this fig at TRU after I had already ordered it from Amazon.com. The one I got from TRU had a messed up arm (and a hideous face), while the one from Amazon.com was fine. However, the magnets were the same strength, so the problem it turns out lies in the metal piece in the forearm that's not a magnet... the problem is, this metal piece sticks out too far and so the plastic arm doesn't meet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I bought this fig at TRU after I had already ordered it from Amazon.com. The one I got from TRU had a messed up arm (and a hideous face), while the one from Amazon.com was fine. However, the magnets were the same strength, so the problem it turns out lies in the metal piece in the forearm that's not a magnet... the problem is, this metal piece sticks out too far and so the plastic arm doesn't meet.
    That's the same problem I've had with mine. I've bought 5 and opened three, the first fit well and stayed on relatively well. But on the second one, the metal piece in the lower arm would not fit properly into the hole of the upper arm so the entire thing failed to work
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

i just got an hd ani today and it was with the obi-wan wave. the date code thing is 21401.and it does look like there could be a peg instead of a magnet. the removabel arm is not loose in the pack. hurray! i got another variant without knowing it!
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

It makes sense if they switched to a peg, since the removable arm on the upcoming Ponda Baba from the Wal-Mart Cantina Packs has a peg. I'll have to grab one of the peg version, so that I can use him for other scenes where I don't need him to loose his arm.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.