Star Tours and Captain EO

I was at Disneyland in summer of 1988 and the 2 things that I really enjoyed was Star Tours and the Captain EO movie, regardless of it having Michael Jacksin. I think why I liked it so much it was the first and only 3D movie I had seen. Is it still being shown at all there? My little brother said he wanted to change me seats but I let him know it was the same effect for everyone, with things being thrown at you all that.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

hey scruffziller, sorry to disappoint you but captain eo is no longer there. in its place is this 3D Honey I Shrunk the Kids film.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

When was it taken out?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, i forget but it's probably been a good 4-5 years since it was taken out.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

I really like both Star Tours and Captain EO, both of which were produced by Lucas. I was sorry to see Captain EO leave Disneyland back in '97. Captain EO wasn't the first 3D film shown in that theater at Disneyland, there was a previous one that all I can remember about it was the main kid's socks come RIGHT into your face while he's flying. But EO added actual smoke effects and lasers to the show, giving it a much more "real" feeling.

While you do indeed see the same angle on 3D stuff from any seat in the house, the forward center seats were much better for the smoke effects that came right out of the screen.

As for "Honey I Shrunk the Audience", I went once, it was kinda boring by comparison. There's a lot more going on, and the whole seating area is now a gimble, and there's an airjet system to simulate something I won't spoil the surprise of, but I really thought it was kinda lacking, more of a chore to sit through than any sort of entertainment.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.