Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can't wait to get it next Tuesday!!! I've been waiting for it to come out on DVD for the longest time. I only hope they don't do with this DVD what they did with The Mummy returns DVD and make 2 seperate DVD's. One for widescreen and one for full screen. Boy that made me mad;.

Question

Originally posted by master jedi
    I only hope they don't do with this DVD what they did with The Mummy returns DVD and make 2 seperate DVD's. One for widescreen and one for full screen. Boy that made me mad;.
    Did Universal actually make two Mummy Returns DVDs? I was under the impression they only made one and that one was widescreen. That's the only one I've ever seen advertised. Do both DVDs have the same features (except for the screen format)?

Man, I better check my copy before I open it up and can't take it back.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'll wait. I plan on spending as little for this DVD as possible. I already own both formats on VHS.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Did Universal actually make two Mummy Returns DVDs?
    They did. I go to wal-mart or something and check it out. Two DVDs. 1 with the full screen version and 1 with the wide sreen version. I think they should've had a 2 disc set or a double sided DVD or something.

Any news on a HD-DVD release anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohn2001 View Post
    Any news on a HD-DVD release anytime soon?
    If there ever was, that's when I would start converting to HD. Wonder if it will be Blue-Ray or HD or both though? Guess we'll find out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    If there ever was, that's when I would start converting to HD. Wonder if it will be Blue-Ray or HD or both though? Guess we'll find out eventually.
    I'd say both, that way Lucas can get both groups to buy SW yet again.

I think they're waiting to see which one wins the format war first.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Apparently Blu-Ray is outselling HDDVD 4-1 at this point.... I think the war is over.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

It's not really begun. I still think 99% of the buying public won't be upgrading so soon after replacing all the VHS with DVD.
    Tommy, close your eyes.