Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Who is getting the EP1 DVD on 10/16?

Man! I am so psyched to get this DVD! I can't think of another time when I waited for one to come out. I'm soooo glad I "bought a player for the family" last Christmas.

I just finished reading two reviews on www.dvdeastereggs.com and www.dvdreviews.com and the set sounds like it could be one of the best (if not the best) to date.

Is anybody going to be heading over to W-M at midnight to pick one up? I think I can wait until a decent hour to get it, but it would be a lot of fun to get it and watch it that night with a bunch of Star Wars buds.

Is there anyone actually planning on buying it, but not on the first day?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Nope, I'm buying it on 15/10 woohoo!

For some bizzare reason unknown to anyone except GL, the UK is actually getting something first. Still doesn't make up for the fact that we can only now buy figures on import and not from local shops but it's a start. One store near me already has the empty display stands out and they look rather tasty. I might have to see if I can blag that once they are finished with it. All lovely purple and gold colourings on lovely shiny cardboard. Nice.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!
    I bent my wookie!

Originally posted by Sith Apprentice
    For some bizzare reason unknown to anyone except GL, the UK is actually getting something first.
    You mean to tell me that the UK is getting the DVD before us?! When is/did it coming/come out? On the menus do they say 'colour' instead of 'color'?

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Oh wait. I get it. 15/10 = October 15. I forgot you Brits do everything backwards over there.

I'm getting it after work that day, but that's not really a huge deal--I buy lots of movies, books, and CDs on release day.

A big deal, though, is that I plan to watch it that day!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I figure I can just pay a visit to Hollywood video on Friday night, get a rain check (I assume it will be one of their guaranteed movies), pick the movie up free (rental) on Monday, watch the new stuff, then wait for them to proliferate the used market and buy it for half price.

I don't know why I'm not as excited as everyone else about this release. Maybe it's because I already bought both versions of the VHS, plus the book (not to mention tons of toys). Lucas already has too much of my money.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

yep, gonna get episode 1.

and can't wait to get my hands on willow on 11/20 as well!

Personally I'm holding out to see who's going to have the best price. I'll often buy a DVD one place and find out later that Best Buy or someone had a sale, usually Best Buy. I missed their sale on The Simpsons set, but since Bubba Fatt seems to hate his, perhaps I can buy it off of him...
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

What's DVD? Is that like video tape? I already got it on Video tape. They released it last year in this special box with a little book and a few frames of film. It was pretty cool.

Digital Versatile Disk...and i am getting EPI on that date...(look at thread, although it might take a little longer since i am not in the U.S.)
    As always...........L