South finally rises again for 2001 MANIACS

Creature Corner reports that 2001 MANIACS, the long-mooted sequel to the Herschell Gordon Lewis cult classic, finally began rolling today in Georgia. Directed by Tim Sullivan from a script he wrote with Chris Kobin, it follows a modern group of road-tripping Northern youths who wind up in a Southern town inhabited by vengeful yokels who still havenít gotten over that whole Civil War thing. Robert Englund stars along with Giuseppe (CABIN FEVER) Andrews; the movie is the first production of Eli Roth, Boaz Yakin, Scott Spiegel and David Schowís Raw Nerve outfit, and features makeup FX by the SOTA team.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

Sounds like a cross between Deliverance and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    Sounds like a cross between Deliverance and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
    Yes, except the original 2,000 MANIACS! (1964) Two Thousand Maniacs! beat THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE to the screens by a decade, and it beat DELIVERANCE (1972) to theaters by eight years. A stronger argument could be made that both films were inspired by 2,000 MANIACS!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]