Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Die Cast Sandcrawler question

I was recently looking over my Die cast collection to figure out exactly what I still need. I thought I had the Sandcrawler on the first card and the striped card, but I just have the first one. I checked ebay and a few sites and can't seem to find any evidence of the Sandcrawler on the striped card so I'm now wondering if it was released on the new crad or not. LMK.

Later,
    S43

I think I remember seeing it on the striped card. Not sure though, but it may just be a case of no one listing it at that time in a single auction. Might look in collection auctions that have micro stuff in them even if they're not just micro auctions. I'll let you know if I see it anywhere.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't remember ever seeing a Sandcrawler on a striped card, either during their original release or during the great purge of 2000.' That doesn't mean that one doesn't exist, but I never saw one. My guess is though that they did discontinue it after their initial release just like they never put the Ewoks on a striped card nor MM pack VIII and XI (I think it was XI, the one with the Escape Pod)
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

The Ewoks do exist on the striped card. There was an auction listed by a UK seller a few months ago which pictured a set of ewoks on the striped card. I put it on my watch list and planned to win it but managed to forget about it. Someone else won it and the other sets included for 5.00 plus shipping. I haven't seen one since, but it does exist and I have been looking. It's the only classic star wars MM set I don't have.

Sets 8 and 11 were also both released on striped cards, I have them.

I can picture the striped Sandcrawler in my head and until today I would have said "yes it does" to anyone who asked if it existed. I now seem to remember something about it not being released on the striped card (or possibly in reduced numbers) due to the original not selling well at all. Hopefully someone can verify that so I know I'm not imagining things

Later,
    S43
    Last edited by shinakuma43; 07-13-2002 at 11:18 PM.

Does exist - got one (Italian packaging).

You can still but them for the rip off price of about 10 in a shop that I occassionally drop by.

BC3

Here is an auction for one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1747153551

The auction ended without bidders so the seller may still have it if you wanted to inquire.

I have one

I bought from TRU for 1.99 years ago. it is unopened, on a UK/US (i.e not EU) card that is striped.

When I send the otoh Gunga and miniscenes over the pond, I'll include it si tu veut?

jeddah

Jeddah: SOunds good to me, thanks very much.

Later,
    S43

scan please:)

The one I have is the one pictured in the auction BobaFett77
    pointed out. S43 when you get jeddah's sandcrawler, would you please do a scan for me....like the "oodles" of other scans you've been generous enough to send my way? I would like to compare packaging between the Ideal Euro card and the UK card.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Originally posted by shinakuma43
    The Ewoks do exist on the striped card. There was an auction listed by a UK seller a few months ago which pictured a set of ewoks on the striped card. I put it on my watch list and planned to win it but managed to forget about it. Someone else won it and the other sets included for 5.00 plus shipping. I haven't seen one since, but it does exist and I have been looking. It's the only classic star wars MM set I don't have.

Sets 8 and 11 were also both released on striped cards, I have them.

I can picture the striped Sandcrawler in my head and until today I would have said "yes it does" to anyone who asked if it existed. I now seem to remember something about it not being released on the striped card (or possibly in reduced numbers) due to the original not selling well at all. Hopefully someone can verify that so I know I'm not imagining things

Later,
    S43
    Whoops, my bad. I guess you are right. Those aforementioned striped cards (such as the Ewoks, MM pack 8, 11) weren't available during the great sale of 2000 at TRU and other locations. I assumed they were never made since you couldn't find them during that time.

Also do the Chewbacca and C-3PO transforming playsets exist on striped cards? I think I remember seeing a C-3PO but not a Chewbacca. BTW, those two weren't widely available during that great purge of two years ago.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.