Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

anyone read the Han Solo Trilogy?

Just curious if it is any good or not. Han and Chewbacca are probably my favorite characters. But if the books are stupid, then I probably won't read them. Also, I already know how they met, but does it talk about it in the books? Thanks!

I read them about 3 years ago. They were very good. I especially liked them because when I read them it was before even the phantom menace came out, so if offered a rare look into events that were pre-a new hope.

[color=dark-blue]Yeah, they are pretty good.[/color]

cool! I'll go buy them.
    "Asteroids do not concern me, Lucas. I want those DVD's, not excuses."

Cool

Well, the Han Solo Adventures by Brian Daley were some of the first EU novels written. I really like them, because he had free reign to write whatever he wanted (except Lucasfilm wouldn't allow him to put Vader's mask on one cover, so it ended up as a skull).

The Corellian Trilogy by Roger Macbride Allen was so-so. It does have some links to the NJO, but overall it's weak. It was tough to follow whcih planet was which (Corellia, Selonia, Thrall?).

The Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispin is one of the best 3-book series in the EU so far. Great! I wanted to read more, before Han met Chewie and after then.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

A lot of good background info for Solo fans.

The Han Solo Adventures by Brian Daley were, as Bel Cam Jos stated, great. They were fun stories, very true to the caharcter of Han, and he managed to write them without making up stuff that was obviously going to be contradicted by the films. They're a lot of fun.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I'm considering ordering the Han Solo Adventures online, is the three book volume (printed in 1992) and same size as the other SW EU books? An odd question, I know, but I need to know! Please reply ASAP!
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Originally posted by Darth Evil
    I'm considering ordering the Han Solo Adventures online, is the three book volume (printed in 1992) and same size as the other SW EU books? An odd question, I know, but I need to know! Please reply ASAP!
    Yeah, I think the three book volume (softcover) is about 400 pages or so.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

My library has the HS Trilogy (early adventures) in a single bound volume, too. It's about 600 pages or so, give or take.