Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Yeah, I don't think the 12" line will "die" either. Whats been the release average per year since '96? 15-20?

The question was asked and I gave the answer I had. If I was allowed to tell you guys about the source I have on this, I'm fairly sure you'd be freaking out, and as worried about the line as I am.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

jeditricks,

if hasbro canceled the 12 inch line would they let another company pick it up? i know mc farlane has the rights to smaller figures and a company like sideshow will do the 12 inch stuff. would hasbro go for something like this? i bet they wouldn't. they'd just cut the line and let it die.

have you had the chance to tell your source that if hasbro would produce a quality figure, they would sell? do they care? do they have a clue? that death star trooper, 4-Lom, zam weisel, and han solo stormtrooper, plastic chewbacca and $90 baby dewback ain't gonna boost sales. collectors want quality.

if hasbro stops making 12 inch figures, i'm done with star wars toys. i've already lost complete interest in the 3 inch line, with the constant resculpts and preposed figures.

It would be a real disappointment IMO if Hasbro did cancel the 12" line, but they would save me a few hundred bucks a year if they did. I've only bought the 3" for my kids, but not EVERY figure though, so so my toy collecting days would be over.

JT, I hope your source is wrong.

Originally posted by derek
    jeditricks,

if hasbro canceled the 12 inch line would they let another company pick it up? i know mc farlane has the rights to smaller figures and a company like sideshow will do the 12 inch stuff. would hasbro go for something like this? i bet they wouldn't. they'd just cut the line and let it die.
    Derek, I haven't checked with the source on that first question, but I seriously doubt they'd let any other company have it.

I honestly don't think Hasbro understands the concepts of quality with this line. Then again, I don't think they understand that figures don't have to just ship for a few weeks either, so the line has been under great stress for quite a while IMO. I don't get the chance to dictate Hasbro policy beyond the language of the almighty dollar though.

mini-rock, I hoped this info was wrong as well, but I can't say the writing hasn't been on the wall for a while now so even without a source, this is the way it feels to me - having a credible source say similar things just reinforces the idea that if Hasbro doesn't get the line back on track soon and collectors don't respond to the good things they do right, we won't have a line to look forward to.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If it goes,it will be a dissapointment to many people,I wouldnt notice,all the toy stores around here usually cary legos,and 3/4" figure,they rarely have any 12 inch.Ive only seen like 4 different 12" figure,rest in pictures.
    A pill To Make you numb
    a pill to make you dumb
    a pill to make you anybody else
    but all the drugs in this world wont save her from herself

the chorus form Marilyn Mansons "Coma White"

They can't quit the 12" line! The only reason it sells bad is because of their own stupid decisions. I have every different 12"er they have produced. my only problem, is hasbro always reissues figures which had previously been hot so they sit on the shelves. Then everything else is slowed down and we wait longer to see never before produced 12" figures.