Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by BillyJAck
    I'm convinced JarJar just has a computer wrist watch or a PC built in his head. He's on the forum boards ALOT and is so quick to respond. he eh he...WELL i wonder if those canceled figure exist in prototype form...I wish they'd come out with that lando skiff and some skiff guards multipack...and while your at it...a 12 inch skiff....If that 12inch company can make that big jeeps and vehicles cheap..so hasbro can do this easily they would just charge high price to milk this star wars thing even more.
    Yes, I know what your saying B.J., I can't figure out for the life of me how he does it.

Probably in time we will see them, and if they came in a multipack I would surely buy them. We have approx. 5 to 6 years of good collecting to do, so in some shape or form they may come out.

About the vehicles, I doubt we would see it happen as Hasbro stated that the 3 3/4 line was their bread and butter.

My big pet peeve is that we never got a 3 3/4 vehicle Star Destroyer. I know it would have to be huge, about the size of a small car, but wouldn't it be cool ?
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Here's two things I just plain ole don't understand fellas

1st HASBRO the company that made GIJOE back in the 1980's made a HUGE vehicle/playset called the USS FLAGG...I mean this thing was HUGE! It was like 5 feet long. If I remember it was like $350-$400 back then. So why the heck they don't make a scale star destroyer that big I have now Idea...or Jabba's Sail Barge which is what i'd like to see. Must have a different mentality and CEO than they did as a great company back then...its a damn shame..

2nd: If 21st century Toys, a much smaller company than Hasbro can make a 12 inch scale JEEP and its only $40 Hasbro can make a scale Skiff with a figure for $150. Hasbro has the means to make such items way cheaper on all cost and stages of making and production of a 12 inch skiff then 21st century can. And that jeep was sold at every TRU in US... So Hasbro can make a skiff and include a Nikto , Weequay , or whoever and sell it at $150 and turn a profit. Hell make it limited to 15,000 pieces...its easy done than they like to let on.

What this really comes down to in your saying that it would be $400 is that Hasbro tries to milk their stars wars products and license for everything its worth. And they refuse to make Big things cause they percieve them as a big possible loss and risk...its sad...I want a 12 inch skiff and a 3 3/4 scale Jabba Sale barge. Or Even a Scaled Millennium Falcon for $200 for 3 3/4 ...that would be the day and hasbro could do them all..they just worried about taking anykind of loss for bigger products that might be unsuccessful....

billy
    Last edited by BillyJAck; 07-15-2002 at 04:45 AM.
    Please go post here http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037 If you WANT A HERMI ODLE FIGURE!!

My Needs
    My Stuff Back( you know what i'm speaking on)
    Loose ctc stormtroopers
    sandtrooper blasters

I hear you on the Star Destroyer and even the Sail Barge, but the 12" in line Hasbro has made it known that the 3 3/4 line was their top priority. I can't see why they wouldn't do them myself. I've seen the jeep's, tanks etc. that 21st century Toys have made and I can't see why Hasbro couldn't do this as well. Maybe it is the almighty dollar factor that you mentioned and maybe it's just as simple as this: Hasbro sticks to the same format time and time again. If they didn't then I would see 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figures that were made like the GI Joe ones , and you would see the vehicles for 12" figures that you desire.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

BillyJack, Hasbro owns the GIJOE franchise though. They can take bigger risks with things, because they didn't pay a billion dollars to Lucasfilm for the rights. The USS FLAGG was good for it's time, but now adays somthing like that, likely wouldn't fly. It's to big and to expensive for most parents. Especially now adays when kids are more intrested in video game systems then action figures. I'm not sure if the U.S.S Flagg was as expensive as you quoted though.

21st Century Toys is a more collector driven line. People that are into accuracy and war minitures buy that line. They also don't have to pay huge licensing fees to a company to make the toys. Not only is the skiff larger then a Jeep, it also would have to be an exclusive which would hike the price up. If they ever did do one, most likely it would go FAO Schwartz, because most other stores don't wanna carry Star Wars toys over $100.00.

It's not just a case of taking a possible loss, as I said it's finding a retailer with enough faith in the Star Wars brand to accept such and expensive product. It's just not feasible now adays, especially with the 12" line being primarily collector focused, and not having that many people that are into them as the 4" line does.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JJB
    Sadly I have misplaced my pictures though, and they are no longer posted in the Collector's Archives.

"Impossible. Perhaps the Collector's Archives are incomplete."

"If a figure does not appear in our records, it does not exist!"

Thanks N-2PF. I knew that someone out there still knew where to find it. I still wish some of those cancelled 12" figures would come out. I was intrested in getting the Senator Palpatine and Nute Gunray figures that were planned.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JJB
    I was interested in getting the Senator Palpatine and Nute Gunray figures that were planned.
    "It's unthinkable! That after 4 trials in the SUpreme Court (and 3 years since his last movie) Nute Gunray is STILL the viceroy of the Trade Federation (and not represented in 12" form)."

Originally posted by Caesar
    "It's unthinkable! That after 4 trials in the SUpreme Court (and 3 years since his last movie) Nute Gunray is STILL the viceroy of the Trade Federation (and not represented in 12" form)."
    Having fun, Caesar?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-15-2002 at 02:13 PM.