Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Luke/Leia Kiss? Ugh.

The first time I saw ESB, I didn't know that Luke and Leia were siblings. However, after watching ROTJ, this same scene just... bothers me. Does anyone feel the same way? What do you think of this scene?
    C'mon, Anakin! Every time I fight a Dark Lord of the Sith on my own, I get my butt kicked! ~ Obi Wan

I think it's funny, it's one of those "Oh poodoo! Noooo!!!!" situations. He was probably scoping her out on the Barge too.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't think it was wrong or grose or anything. In ANH Luke didn't know she was his sister. Plus, it's not as if they playing tonsel hocky. Both times it was just a inosent kisses, even in the cockpit of the Falcon. Luke may not have known she was his sister until Jedi, but he always had a feeling, a connection to her. Clearly this wasn't sexual, like in Hans case. Luke never acted romantic towards Leia the way Han did. So, it's not really that bad.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    I think it's funny, it's one of those "Oh poodoo! Noooo!!!!" situations. He was probably scoping her out on the Barge too.
    In that outfit, how could you not??!!

Yeah, it's always a little creepy to me, now. Wait till we find out in Ep.III that anakin is the illegitimate love child between padme's dad and shmi!!!! Star Wars, EpIII: Say it isn't so!!!

It certainly explains the horrified look on Leia's face when she learns the truth in ROTJ.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It certainly explains the horrified look on Leia's face when she learns the truth in ROTJ.
    She really didn't look horrified when Luke told her that he was her brother. Remember what her response was?

"I know.. somehow.. I've always known"

So, she apparently felt a "brotherly" connection to Luke in ESB. But she went through with the kiss to tick off Han.

And it apparently worked

Maybe when someone asked "how good of a kisser is he" Leia (not thinking it was very good) said "not very, it's like kissing your own brother."
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

What I thought was sick was the look Luke made in front of Han after he kised Leia. He was all like oh yeah I'm the man.

Jonna
    Originally posted by LTBasker
    I know I was.

It was a bit strange, but you only realize it after the fact.