Galaxy globe yoda question - URGENT!

I'm in the middle of putting in an order online, And I was wondering if the swamp flyer creature that comes with the galaxy globe Yoda is removable. And is it molded on both sides and does it have both wings? I really only want the critter as the Yoda is useless to me so I'm hoping to get an answer fast so i don't waste money on a pile of poo just to get a useless accessory. If the critter is cool I'll buy it. I've never senone in the flesh though so i have no benchmark.

Some help here would be hot. Thanks

Re: Galaxy globe yoda question - URGENT!

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    I'm in the middle of putting in an order online, And I was wondering if the swamp flyer creature that comes with the galaxy globe Yoda is removable. And is it molded on both sides and does it have both wings? I really only want the critter as the Yoda is useless to me so I'm hoping to get an answer fast so i don't waste money on a pile of poo just to get a useless accessory. If the critter is cool I'll buy it. I've never senone in the flesh though so i have no benchmark.

Some help here would be hot. Thanks
    1. it is not removabe...except maybe with a little bit of pressure that I'm not willing to do as I'm affraid it might break

2. It is molded on both sides

3. It has both wings

all in all it's cool and I bet if you're willing to break the post it's on, you can definitely get it off...it is a fully molded creature that seems to be glued to a post that is partially inserted into one side of the creature

Hope that helps

PEACE OUT!

btw - if you don't mind, how much do you have to pay for it?
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Yup! That's exactly what i wanted to hear thanks. I think I'll risk it and order one. Apart from anything else it may be the last chance I get to order stuff just for the accessories for a while. I'm on a mission to collect all the beasts whether they be large, small, pack ins or actual 'backgrounds'. After this I just need the Wampa and the Tauntaun with Han. But those may have to wait for a more affluent time... It's going to cost me 24,90 EUROS
    which works out at 24,42 $US Don't know if that's cheap or expensive but it seems okay to me.

Thanks again Deoxyribonucleic.
    Last edited by Jargo; 07-15-2002 at 04:25 PM.

My pleasure!

I have all four planets AND they are ALL fabulous.

Hope you enjoy it!

you might wanna check out www.entertainmentearth.com to see if you can get your tauntaun AND the planets, they currently just had a huge sale with lots of old potj stuff at their warehouse and transfered the sale over to their website since they are primarily a website/mailorder company. Good luck on your beast collection

Check this pic of the swamp flyers that I used for my Dagobah diorama. The post and the creature are molded together. I had to break the post and then sand off the creature.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

That's cool, I want to do something similar but i reckon just one should do the job. I haven't got a lot of room so it'll be a diorama-ette. Really just a textured backing with the flyer attached by a thin wire. I figured with the accessories from the new x-wing and the flashback Yoda lamp, it'd be a cool scene to do, Luke arriving on Dagobah. What I'm gong to do with extra Yoda's I haven't a clue but.... Thanks for the info ACPin.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    That's cool, I want to do something similar but i reckon just one should do the job. I haven't got a lot of room so it'll be a diorama-ette. Really just a textured backing with the flyer attached by a thin wire. I figured with the accessories from the new x-wing and the flashback Yoda lamp, it'd be a cool scene to do, Luke arriving on Dagobah. What I'm gong to do with extra Yoda's I haven't a clue but.... Thanks for the info ACPin.
    I also used the fishing line in this swamp flyer to create the effect of the creature being attracted to the light emanating from Yoda's hut. I'm waiting for the new X-Wing as well since it's already washed in swamp colors that I don't have to mess up one of my old X-Wing to do more Dagobah scenes. Don't forget to post your pics when you're done!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

ACPin I really like your diorama! Those pics are great!

Thread moved to Customizing/Dioramas

Thanks for the compliments!

I'm moving this thread since it's more appropriate to the Customizing/Dioramas forum.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

Well, I got my globe on wednesday and as luck would have it the post that attaches the flyer to the globe had completely corroded at the point where it was glued. The swamp flyer just came away in my hand so there was no need to do any sawing or cutting. How cool is that? I may have to get another one though because now I have it I think it's so nifty. All I need to do with the one I have is clean t up a litle to remove excess glue and paint the post place to match the rest of the body. Cool.