Thumbs up Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell DVD News & Specs!!!

Unlike the pitiful Paramount barebones releases of the Friday the 13th series, the New Line DVD releases of the last two Ft13 movies are fully loaded. They will be released on October 8th. And JGtH will also contain the unrated edition. Hopefully they sell well, and maybe Paramount will re-issue Ft13 1-8 in S.E. versions. Here are the specs, from horrordvd.com:

Jason X: Platinum Series DVD, October 8, 2002, $26.98 MSRP

The Platinum Series DVD features a widescreen version of the film, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound, DTS Surround Sound, Stereo Surround Sound, the theatrical trailer and animated menus. The DVD also includes filmmaker commentary with Director Jim Isaac, Writer Todd Farmer and Producer Noel Cunningham and two original documentaries: The Many Lives of Jason Voorhees, a documentary on the history of Jason and By Any Means Necessary: The Making of Jason X, a making of/production documentary. "Jump to a Death" feature with Random Kill and Kill All buttons including a menu selection of death scenes from the movie along with 5.1 surround sound trailers from other selected horror titles available from New Line Home Entertainment. The DVD-ROM content includes the "Script-to-Screen" screenplay feature as well as the original website.

Jason Goes to Hell: DVD, October 8, 2002, $19.98 MSRP

The DVD will feature widescreen and fullscreen versions of both the rated and unrated versions the film, along with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo Surround Sound. The DVD will include audio commentary with Director Adam Marcus and screenwriter Dean Lorey, the "Jump to a Death" feature with R-Rated and Unrated options, animated menus, English subtitles, closed captions and the original theatrical trailer.

Excellent work, New Line! Jason X in DTS - too sweet!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It's criminal that John D. LeMay is not being featured on the JGTH disc.

Here's the art for the DVD cases. Nice to see that unlike Paramont, New Line is keeping the art from the movie posters for use on the DVD's. Notice though that moniker, "The Final Friday" is missing from the name of the Jason Goes to Hell disc.

Jason Goes To Hell:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jason goes to hell dvd case.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	2916  

Here's the Jason X case. I am glad that New Line decided to go with Keepcases on this releases. I hate those damned Snapper Cases. Curse Warner Bros. for inventing those things, they need to get with the program, even if they invent their own type of keep case.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jason x dvd case.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	2917  

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Here's the art for the DVD cases. Nice to see that unlike Paramont, New Line is keeping the art from the movie posters for use on the DVD's. Notice though that moniker, "The Final Friday" is missing from the name of the Jason Goes to Hell disc.

Jason Goes To Hell:
    I liked how the VHS box had the snake and mask embossed, that was kinda cool.

I don't think I ever noticed all these years that they deleted "The Final Friday."