Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Friday The 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan - Ultimate Edition DVD Collection!!!

I swore there was some discussion of this set in another thread, but I can't seem to find it. No, wait. It was in the 'Movies that Deserve Better on DVD' thread. Anyway, I figured I'd start a thread about it, since we now have full specs for the 5-Disc DVD set. All 8 Paramount 'Jason' films will be included, with 2 on each disc. And then a bonus disc of extras. Shame that the uncut editions of the films couldn't be found or included. But at least we're getting the deleted scenes and some nice extras. Here's the specs:
    At Last, this Halloween, Paramount Home Entertainment Unleashes:

FRIDAY THE 13TH: FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN:
    ULTIMATE EDITION DVD COLLECTION

~ Debuting on DVD on October 5 With More than 10 hours of Bonus Features ~

Hollywood, June 29, 2004 – Paramount Home Entertainment presents the long-awaited and eagerly anticipated FRIDAY THE 13th – FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN, ULTIMATE EDITION DVD COLLECTION on October 5. The 5-disc set features the entire collection of Paramount’s eight FRIDAY THE 13th films, two-per-disc, plus a 5th disc that is dedicated to many hours of behind-the-scenes material on the history and folklore associated with the classic horror series, as well as theatrical trailers, new animated menus, commentary tracks and other FRIDAY THE 13th pleasures. Order cut-off for the DVD collection is August 24.

Special features include:

Cast commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th - PART 3 by author Peter Bracke and actors Larry Zerner, Paul Kratka, Dana Kimmell and Richard Brooker

Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VI: JASON LIVES by director Tom McLouglin

Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD by actor Kane Hodder and director John Carl Buechler

Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN by director Rob Hedden

A featurette “Tales From the Cutting Room,” in which exclusive deleted scenes and footage is revealed for the first time.

An 8-part featurette “The Friday The 13th Chronicles,” which looks at the legacy of the films throughout their history, featuring cast and crew commenting on each film and why they appeal to audiences. Includes Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Corey Feldman, Kane Hodder, Lar Park Lincoln, Betsy Palmer, Tom Savini and directors Sean Cunningham, Tom McLoughlin, Rob Heddon, Joseph Zito and John Carl Buechler.

A 3-part featurette “Secrets Galore Behind The Gore,” which looks at the work of master make-up effects designer Tom Savini in Part 1 and Part IV and John Carl Buechler in Part VII. Includes rare and never-before-seen footage, drawings and stills illustrating the make-up techniques used to create Jason and achieve elaborate death scenes.

A featurette “Crystal Lake Victims Tell All!,” in which cast and crew from various films share amusing anecdotes. Includes Corey Feldman, Larry Zerner, Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Lar Park Lincoln and directors.

A featurette “Friday Artifacts and Collectibles,” which looks at props and collectables from the films.

The theatrical trailers from all 8 movies except Part VI, which is represented by the teaser trailer.

FRIDAY THE 13th – FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN, ULTIMATE EDITION DVD COLLECTION is expected to be priced by retailers for around $60 in the U.S. and at around C$70 in Canada.
    http://www.dvdfile.com/news/web_wire...aythe13th.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F13 Boxset.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	8454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F13 Boxset Inside.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	8455  
    Last edited by Beast; 06-29-2004 at 05:08 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Friday The 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan - Ultimate Edition DVD Collection!!!

Der gernit, should have waited instead of buying them all seperately already.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: Friday The 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan - Ultimate Edition DVD Collection!!!

As much as I dislike the double-movie discs, there is no way I can pass this set up.

Of the Paramount titles, I only have 1 and 7 on DVD right now (the rest on VHS) so this will be worth it.

Thanks for the info, Binksy.

Well its about time they did a box set of this series. Hopefully they're going with all new transfers too. I rented a few of the earlier releases on DVD a while back and the picture/sound was VHS quality.

I'll pass though. I enjoyed a few of the films, parts 1, 4, 6, and 7, but for the most part I thought the series was rather ridiculous and should've ended a long time ago.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Seems that Paramount heard the complaints that the Jason's on the Disc Art and on the cases didn't match up with the Jason from either movie on the disc. So here's the new 'correct' artwork. Heh, frankly I'd rather they spent the extra time to do more features for the movies, especially more commentaries. But ah well, beggers can't be choosers.

http://www.dvdfile.com/interactive/d...aythe13th.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Binks, are you gonna buy the new set ?

Thanks for the updated images.

With a $60 MSRP, and probably a $45-$50 retail price... I plan to. I like the films, not enough to have boughten the crappy barebones $30.00 versions that came out before, but all of them for this price is mighty tasty.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

A Pox on Best Buy: Exclusive F13 Bonus Disc!!

Ok, Best Buy annoys me once again. And so does Paramont for releasing stuff that could have been on the box set, as a damn store exclusive. Especially when people were complaining about a lack of features in the box set already. Now if Best Buy doesn't have the best price, people will be really pitching a major fit about this choice. Just like they did about the lack of uncut versions and the disc art. Not to mention they don't even have the correct price on the box, since the MSRP is only 79.99, and BB wants 99.99.
    Films… 5 Discs… No Mercy.
    Buy Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan and get a free bonus disc, Jason Forever!

Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan (release date: 10/5/04)

They comprise the most successful and shocking tales of terror in cinema history. Now, for the first time, the first 8 classic Friday the 13th movies are available together in this deadly Ultimate Edition DVD collection.

Follow Jason Voorhees as he cuts and hacks a swath of fear from Crystal Lake to the mean streets of Manhattan. Plus, thrill to Killer Extras, a 10-hour disc filled with bloody bonus material that will slay even the most jaded horror film fan.

You'll also receive the special 29-minute bonus disc, Jason Forever, which contains a lively "Jason" panel discussion from a Fangoria convention. It also delivers interviews with cast and crew, including 4 actors who have played Jason over the years.

Jason Forever bonus disc is available with purchase from Best Buy or BestBuy.com while supplies last.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Re: A Pox on Best Buy: Exclusive F13 Bonus Disc!!

Looks like I'll be going to BB for mine.

Re: A Pox on Best Buy: Exclusive F13 Bonus Disc!!

Update:

Best Buy fixed their pre-order price. It's now $57.99 instead of $99.99, which is pretty darn good. It may even be cheaper on release date.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&skuId=6772307

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks