Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry To the Pittsburgh area card-bender...

This message goes out to the card-bending turd that seems to frequent the shops at Robinson Towne Center, Pittsburgh, PA.

During my regular rounds over the course of the past week I've come across at least 3 Chancellor Palpatine's that were contorted into what I can only describe as a bommerang-type shape. The bubbles were also handily done in. Nice job. You're a real pro.

Thanks. Really. This particular figure being the last figure that I need to complete my Saga collection. Let me just suffice to say that I'm on to you, [EDITED]

I'm not a greedy collector. I buy one of each figure, and I choose to keep them carded. Big sin on my part I guess. I can't fathom the level of [EDITED] that would spur one to go into a toy store and willfuly damage the merchandise merely so others cannnot fully enjoy their chosen hobby.

Well, congrats, you've almost won. You've almost made collecting a bit of a drag for me. But not quite. Watch your back, my card bending friend.....

Last edited by Dar' Argol; 07-15-2002 at 11:17 PM.

Beating someone up over a toy is not the answer. If your thinking about doing somthing like that, you need to find a less stressful hobby. Order on-line or join the PA collecting club that exists in the Collecting Club Section. Nothing is gonna be really rare this year, so you will get another chance at snatching Palpy.

Beating Scalpers and Benders, may seem justified in your mind. But it's not right and will likely end up with you being in more trouble then the card bender. Try to find a figure when you have been banned from your local stores for assault. That 5.00 figure isn't worth what your going to get yourself into with your attitude.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Talking

I'm really not the violent sort. It's just extremely frustrating to sight a figure that I've been searching for for weeks only to find it completely wrecked.

Sorry, i had to give into the dark side a bit on that last post. Venting does wonders......

Thanks for listening and responding

First off, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!

Second, I edited you post. It had what could be an offensive word and a very blatent threat in it. As per the user agreement that you . . . . uh . . . . agreed to you would not threaten anyone here. I think that's how it goes. If anyone has a copy of the user agreement, please post it, I could really use it

Third, there is a group of collectors here, of which I am a part of, that try to help each other complete our collections. We are the PA SSG'ers and we are in the Collector's club section. Or click here to take a look.

Fourth, it may not be anyone bending these cards. I work for Wal-Mart and I have seen several cases come in where the cards are warped or bent. No one did this, its caused by Hasbro trying to fit bigger blister packs into the same sized boxes they've always used.

So, that said, Welcome again
    Last edited by Dar' Argol; 07-15-2002 at 11:58 PM.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

First off.. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Secondly, I apologize for having "bent" the rules....

Thanks for the guidance, I'll definitely check out the PA SSG'ers. Sounds like exactly what I've been looking for....

BTW, these cards were, in fact, diliberately damaged. I've seen the stress-creases on the new Saga cards. This was damage way more severe. The cards in question were almost torn in two, and only on the same figure.

Sorry again for the ill first impression, it won't happen again.

Originally posted by darth_steeler
    Secondly, I apologize for having "bent" the rules....
    He he he, That's funny

No worries darth_steeler, I can understand the frustration. You should see how some of the stuff comes off our trucks that we receive. We got one case in for the 4/23 release that was half the size it should have been. All the figs inside were crushed. AND it was a case with Dooku and Yoda in it.

With as tight as some of these cases are, it would not suprise me that they were ripped coming out of the case. But without actually seeing the card, its hard to say. I really hope that it isn't someone out there purposely doing this.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

On the up-side I did manage to find a pristine POTJ Imperial Officer today.. Woo hooo! Talk about the simple pleasures....

Well, you could always open the figures. That helps me out a lot!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

What is this "open the figures" that you speak of?

Question

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    Well, you could always open the figures. That helps me out a lot!

I think he is refering to ripping the figure from the packaging... Personally I love to do this for display purposes but that means spending twice the amount at times for figures that I love and want to keep carded!!
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas