Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Late question about Padme...

Just how do I keep her from moving that darned arm every time??? I just don't like the way she looks.

I actually bouth her and Obi Wan with that droid because they were the only figures i found here, other than Deluxe Dooku, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan... i didn't like any of them.

First of all, your in the wrong section, this belongs in the Saga figure section. Don't worry though, a mod will move it when they get a chance.

Secondly, unlike the Zam and Han figures with similar action features, Padme's arm does not lock down. But don't worry, Hasbro has stated that there will be a new version of Padme in this same outfit next year. She won't have an action feature, and will be heavily articulated. The outfit may not be torn though, and she will likely come with her cape.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

yeah JJB i realized that after I clicked on the Submit button :P My bad.

And now that you are telling me there will be a new Padme with the same outfit i'm starting to think that once again i rushed to buy the first figures... bad move... Veeeeeery bad move.

Actually, there is a way to lock down the arm, but it's not entirely intentional on Hasbro's part. Since the gearing can slip and ratchet if forced to allow for better quality, you simply turn the figure so the arm falls down, then you hold the arm down and turn the body back to its original position until it clicks. At this point, you can leave it as it is or turn the waist even further back until the arm pops back into the original up position then simply ratchet the waist back to "normal".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Really? Is that confirmed, Jar Jar? That's a figure I'd love to have!

Actually, there is a way to lock down the arm, but it's not entirely intentional on Hasbro's part. Since the gearing can slip and ratchet if forced to allow for better quality, you simply turn the figure so the arm falls down, then you hold the arm down and turn the body back to its original position until it clicks. At this point, you can leave it as it is or turn the waist even further back until the arm pops back into the original up position then simply ratchet the waist back to "normal".
    Has anyone tried this? I did, and it worked great.. the arm stays down just fine. Except now I can't get it back to it's original position.. any ideas on how I can get it back to the way it was?

i'm going to try it now............................................... ..................it works, but she is in an odd stance and won't stand up......oh, well.
    hango:happy:
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

if she can't stand you can take one of them commchips they work great on those.

Originally posted by TIE Pilot
    Has anyone tried this? I did, and it worked great.. the arm stays down just fine. Except now I can't get it back to it's original position.. any ideas on how I can get it back to the way it was?
    No, I wrote that completely without trying it in the hopes that it might break all your figures, AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Actually, if you "turn the waist even further back... the arm pops back into the original up position then (you) simply ratchet the waist back to "normal"." That works for mine just fine, that's why I put it in there. The other option is to hold the arm UP and turn the waist forward instead of back, you'll feel it grab and then pop and it'll be back in it's original UP position.

As for the standing issue, mine stands just fine with the arm up or down, I doubled up the chain on the left arm to act as a counterbalance.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Actually, if you "turn the waist even further back... the arm pops back into the original up position then (you) simply ratchet the waist back to "normal"." That works for mine just fine
    Well I think I did something wrong, because the first time I tried it.. it worked perfectly! The arm stayed locked down, and when I turned the waist the arm sprang back into place.

Then, I tried it again.. and now the arm seems to be permanently limp I turned the waist in all sorts of directions with no luck. Do I have to hold the arm down (or up) as I turn the waist?