Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short on POTJ

Exclamation

Hey atleast you got those! I haven't even got Lando yet! And I only got Tessek because I found it behind a Dewback that someone had hidden! I would rather have something than nothing!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I frequently have to rely on the Army Post Exchange (PX) for new toys, unfortunately the managers have pretty much boycotted Star Wars toys because of all the EP1 backstock they got stuck with. I talked to one guy who worked at the store and he said that they weren't even allowed to order SW toys anymore.

Currently, I stll have access to TRU, Wal-Mart, Target (grrr!!!), KB and K-Mart; but I've watched as all their Star Wars sections have shrunk and even disappeared in some instances.

Wink

POTJ are currently plentiful in my area. Even KB, which I agree is a big rip-off of a toy store, is up-to-date. They are the only store that I have a R2-Q5 and others in the Tessek wave. Currently, they have a plentiful number of the Duros wave. The only thing that scares me is there $7.99 sticker price, by far the most expensive out of any of the stores that stock them. But I have bene fortunate to visit them during a buy-one-get-one-free week which allowed me to pick up some 2 POTJ figs for the price of one (not to mention Cinema packs and other SW stuff).

The Wal-Marts in my area have jacked up their price of POTJ figs from $5.86 to $6.44. They currently have scores of Chewie Mechanics, Hoth Leias, Sebulbas, and Porkins.

Target has a lot of choco and old bens, and farmer Qui-gonns but I have seen a smattering of hard to find figs there. (of course no b-wing yet)

Ames (a retail store in the NE) just announced two of their stores are closing in the area. Have to stop by and pick up some figs from there at a discount. The only problem is that they have stuff from the initial waves still warming their pegs.

The K-Mart in my town has not gotten new figs in over a month and the same 4 figs--2 Darth Maul final duels and 2 Bespin Hans--linger on the shelves.

The TRU in my area is always low on POTJ figs but of course has 18,000 Episode 1 figs dotting the pegs.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I went to a KB for the first time in months 2 days ago. They had absolutely nothing. The KB Toyworks I visited in Indianapolis a few months ago was pretty darn cool.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Sean the Hutt
    Sadly, our kb toyworks in my town just closed it's doors after being open for less than 2 years. I still have the kb;s in the mall though. I did find a scout trooper, and 2 new sandtroopers there. Good luck kb's!

Thumbs up

They'll have 'em when they are selling well. They are all in it for the money. When EII comes out...the shelves will be overflowing.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Unhappy i guess so

I guess so.........if you say so.........yeah.......uhhhhhh.........
    Anyways, my KB Toyworks is what I meant, it has nada, zip, zilch, nil, zero Star Wars stuff worth mentioning.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower