Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

What type of computer do you use?

I've got an IBM Pentium 166 w/ a 100%, Grade A, Moneyback Guarantee, Slow @$$ 28.8 Modem. How about you?
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Dell Pentium 4, 1.4 Gig @ home
    IBM pentium 3, 550 @ work
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

dell pentium 4 w/17 inch flat screen
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]CENSORED X 5[/FONT]CENSORED X 5

HP Pentium 4, 2.2 GHz, 512 RAM, with a Philips 15" flat screen monitor.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Well, it used to be a Compaq Presario running 533mhz, 30 gig hd, with a WinTV tuner board, but I was VERY dissatisfied with it's DVD playback - always choppy - I upgraded to 512 megs of ram, but that didn't really help too much, so I basically rebuilt the entire thing.

Now it's running (on a brand new MB...) 1.1ghz AMD Athlon XP, still 512 megs ram, (upgradable to 1 gig *drool*) with the Soundblaster SBLive! 5.1 (soon i want to get a 5.1 speaker system, right now i have the old Cambridge Soundworks 3 speaker set - still no slouch!) and an old 2gen video card, because with that amount of processing, graphics are awesome! the dvd playback is finally what i want it to be...

Still, in the "it's never enough" category, I want to build my own computer centered around a dual Athlon MP 1.67ghz (or whatever is the highest end AMD makes then...) MB, with the new nVidia Personal Cinema - it's like putting a TiVo in your computer, coupled with crazy fast graphics and one user interface for TV and DVD!!! ROCK!!! All that will be stuffed into the deluxe chrome full tower from www.pcpowerandcooling.com check it out under "enclosures" it looks awesome!!!

Jonna
    At work I have an IBM Pentium 4
    At home I have a Compact Presario (can't remember w/ what)

Pentium Pro 200 MHz with 64 Megs of RAM. Yup, one heck of a smoking machine!! If I sound slow in my posts, it's my computer not me I swear.

As for the internet, I have a cable modem which is like my computer trying to drink from a fire hose.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Whats it called when you'd punish criminals in days of yore? and youd put them in the thing with the holes?
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.