Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was the Emperor a JEDI??

It seems as though, through the new movies, the Jedi Council seems to think that there are always two Sith. A master and an apprentice. Are Sith jedi?

If so-- did Ben and Yoda never realize that the Emperor was in fact a dark Jedi? I would assume that at some point in Episode III, the Emperor/Darth Sidious relationship is going to be revealed.

My question arises from the fact that both Yoda and Ben tell Luke- that when Yoda is gone, Luke will be the last of the Jedi. Did they not consider the Sith (Vader and the Emperor) to be Jedi anymore??

I don't think any Sith are considered to be Jedi. Same power but one is the warrior of the light side and one is the warrior of the dark. So Luke is the last of the light side warriors or Jedi left.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Re: Was the Emperor a JEDI??

Originally posted by Buffer72
    It seems as though, through the new movies, the Jedi Council seems to think that there are always two Sith. A master and an apprentice. Are Sith jedi?

If so-- did Ben and Yoda never realize that the Emperor was in fact a dark Jedi? I would assume that at some point in Episode III, the Emperor/Darth Sidious relationship is going to be revealed.

My question arises from the fact that both Yoda and Ben tell Luke- that when Yoda is gone, Luke will be the last of the Jedi. Did they not consider the Sith (Vader and the Emperor) to be Jedi anymore??
    No, but they know that because according to the Star Wars Episode II Visual Dictionary the Jedi have a Sith Holocron stored in their archives. Likely, that in combination with yoda's meditations on the Sith revealed that to them.

Yoda and Ben obviously know about the Emporer being a Sith. Because Yoda tells Luke, "Never underestimae the powers of the Emporer" But after the events of E3, likely no one would believe them if they told. Since the Jedi appear to be now be thought of as crazy or eccentric, by Han's comments in ANH.

I don't think that the Sith are considered Jedi. They don't follow the same teachings. Even Tarkin says to Vader in ANH, "You are all that's left of their religion". Signifying that Tarkin knows that Vader was at one time a Jedi. But it's likely noone knows that the Emporer is Sith. Plus, unlike Vader I don't think that Sidious/Palpatine was a Jedi to begin with.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

read somewhere that the dark side and the sith are actually two different groups altogether but i don't know if this is a fact but i do know that "sith" aren't considered jedi

Registered
    Oklahoma City, or the deep black void between your ears...
    Palpatine was never a Jedi, but he was force sensitive. He's a politician, so let's face it... most of his life was a drive for personal gain and power. I'm sure that unlike Aanakin or even Luke (in Dark Empire)... Palpatine did not convert from a light outlook on the force, but more than likely pursued the Dark Side from the moment he recognized his force sensitivity.
    -- All too easy...

-- Remember, when you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered dragon, you don't have to outrun the dragon... you just have to outrun the halfling.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    I read somewhere that the Sith were never force aware to begin with... but that the fallen dark Jedi that were outcast fled to a remote planet where the Sith race dwelled and being more powerful than the Sith race...the dark Jedi (if you will) conquered the Sith and later took on the name Sith. I dunno...maybe it's all smoke and mirrors...but I do remember reading an article something like this.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Oh yeah...the Emperor was never a Jedi...and all will be revealed in Episode III on who the Emperor is and perhaps how he became a Sith. GL has just got to reveal this information!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

The Emperor was NEVER a Jedi!

Darkross is correct (EU here so take it for what it's worth). The story goes like this:

A group of Jedi went off to study areas of the force that were considered to be "forbidden" among them was the "dark-side" of the force.

This group eventually found their way to the Sith homeworld. When they arrived the Sith revered them as God's, because of their control over the force. The Sith came to worship them and they took the title of "Sith Lord". (Though they weren't actually Sith OR God's)

Originally there were MANY more than just 2 (Master and Apprentice). In fact they became a whole race!

However, as the number of Sith Lords increased the balance of power became unstable and the Sith began to turn against each other. Thus causing them to lose the War against the Jedi.

Eventually ONE Sith Lord decided that it would be best that there be only 2 Sith at any given time (a Master and an Apprentice).

This way the Sith could continue to flourish in secret and eventually destroy the Jedi.

But that's all EU!
    May the force be with you.

...and all will be revealed in EP3!
    May the force be with you.

But that's all EU!
    Yes, its all in the DH Comic Books "Tales of the Jedi"

Eventually ONE Sith Lord decided that it would be best that there be only 2 Sith at any given time (a Master and an Apprentice).
    Yep, his name is Darth Bane...he also appears in the New essential guide to characters.

To answer the question with my opinion...nope, i dont think the Emperor was a jedi.
    As always...........L