Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The X-Files, philes

I think the x-files was awesome until it came to the season Duchovny was abducted. The movie was good. I'd like to see them make more movies, but only if they have Duchovny playing Mulder.
    The Truth Is Out There - Please Insert Disk 1

-Yeah, shes mine

I guess that I am in the minority here, but I thought that season seven, Duchovny's last full season, was overall terrible, with way too many episodes which were based in parody and satire. Also, Duchovny really started to phone in his performances.

I thought season eight was one of the shows best seasons. The intro of Agent Doggett gave new life to the show, and the interaction between Doggett and M&S was great. Also, I liked the fact that they took the mythology in a new direction and actually provided some answers. The two part season finale with Scully giving birth ranks among my favorrite episodes ever.

I liked season nine, the show's last, better than season seven, but it has its share of problems. I think that the major issue was that Scully stuck around and Mulder's presence remained in the show even though he was nowhere in sight. I felt that M&S should have made a graceful exit at the end of season eight and allow Doggett and Reyes to carry the show. I thought that they were great characters and should have been allowed to mature in the spotlight. I was pleased with the finale though, it was dark and I thought some if the loose ends gave some impact to it.

Jonna
    Ya! Now I love the show, but it really went down hill the past few years. David was da bomb! Hahahaha! Look at me being all fake hip!

As far as I'm concerned, seasons 8 & 9 were all a bad dream
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Jonna
    Should I make that Wayne's World intro to a dream sequence sound?

Dududududu! Dududududu! Dududududu! Dududududu!

I used to watch X-Files every week up until seasons 8 and 9 which I thought were a terrible disappointment. I found I liked agent Doggett better than Mulder in the end episodes.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Dogget was terrible IMO.
    I like Robert Patrick but Dogget was not a real interesting character.
    Mulder had some substance to him, he was at least funny.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I think that the Dogget and Reyes's characters did make a good addition to the X-Files but I prefer Krychek and CSM.

-Yeah, shes mine

I think that X-files went down hill fast. Fans that had followed the show for years deserved more than what we got as a series finale. What did it answer? Nothing we didn't already know. It was like one long highlight reel. All we got was some arbitrary date that the aliens would come back. Big woop, since most of us won't be there to watch it.

I actually like Doggett, but it was like the writing just shifted to autopilot, and any originality or thought was jettisoned.

I think that the show creators left us with just a date for the aliens return, so that if they wanted to come back to make another tv series or more movies they could.

-Yeah, shes mine