Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Treebeard

  1. #21
    Yeah, it was a really fast shot of Treebeard in the preview. I almost don't remember what he looked like because it was so quick. I think he looks more tree than man, although I believe from the books he's supposed to be more man than tree unlike many of the Ents.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

    "Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

  2. #22
    Ok.. I sort of get the idea.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    http://www.abc-kid.com/oz/index14.html

    This is a test picture of Treebeard the Ent meeting one of our intrepid heroes. Note the top of the line CGI used in bringing him to life. Minions of Saruman beware! These trees have apples, and they aren't afraid to use them!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

  5. #25
    Wized of oz eh......

  6. #26
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    There is one shot of him, in the Two Towers preview. You can see I think it's Frodo next to this really ancient looking tree.
    Hmm, that's interesting. I never saw him in either of the previews, but most of the shots were edited together very fast so I might have missed him. I'll check it again tonight.

    One thing though, if Treebeard was standing next to a hobbit it wouldn't be Frodo. He and Sam never meet the Ents. It'll be either Merry or Pippin who spend quite a long time with them in Fanghorn.

    Geonosian - here's some more info on the Ents form the books, although JarJar has covered most of the basics.

    -Treebeard is the oldest of the Ents
    -He not only fights in The Two Towers, he is the one to lead the Ents against Saruman at Isengard.
    -The Ents are generally very peaceful, but Saruman angered them by creating an Orc army; the Ents HATE orcs with a violent passion because the orcs destroy trees left and right as they march along.

    I truly hope they show at least part of the Ents destruction of Isengard. It's one of the coolest images in the novel to me, as the Ents are described as terrifying powerful and horribley angry when they attack Isengard. It sends chills down my spine when I read it.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

  7. #27
    Originally posted by pthfnder89
    One thing though, if Treebeard was standing next to a hobbit it wouldn't be Frodo. He and Sam never meet the Ents. It'll be either Merry or Pippin who spend quite a long time with them in Fanghorn.

    -The Ents are generally very peaceful, but Saruman angered them by creating an Orc army; the Ents HATE orcs with a violent passion because the orcs destroy trees left and right as they march along.
    My bad, the shot is really quick and I don't have it on my computer any longer. Was running out of HD space and had to nuke alot of my trailers. Like I said, I wasn't to sure which Hobbit it was.

    Don't they actually hate Saruman because he destroyed the forest around Isengard to create the Orc army? That's why they attack and destroy Isengard? Atleast that was how I understood it. Though I haven't read the novels yet, so I could be wrong.

    MTFBWY and HH!!

    Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  8. #28
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Don't they actually hate Saruman because he destroyed the forest around Isengard to create the Orc army? That's why they attack and destroy Isengard? Atleast that was how I understood it. Though I haven't read the novels yet, so I could be wrong.
    That's certainly part of it. Although I should mention that the scene in the first movie where Saruman has them cut down all the trees isn't really in the book. The book says that Isengard has changed dramatically since Saruman took it over, but it's never actually shown that he destroyed any trees.

    He is also never shown creating the Orc Army in the way that he creates it in the film. It's implied because in TTT there is a faction of orcs that is loyal to him, and those orcs are modified to walk in sunlight, but there isn't a clear idea of how he created the army.

    All of those scenes were pretty much placed in the movie because they needed a more palpable villain, so they chose Saruman. He doesn't have nearly as large of a role in the first book as he does in the first movie.

    It's kind of complicated to describe the subtle differences in the book, but basically the Ents despise Orcs because they are destructive to everything around them, including, most importantly, trees. When they are marching, the orcs will simply burn or chop down any trees they see for no reason whatsoever. So the Ents literally want to kill any and every Orc they see.

    Once Treebeard finds out that Saruman is using Orcs for his purposes, they become angry with him. Especially because Saruman has, in the past, pretended to befriend the Ents, visiting them in Fanghorn often to talk. So when they discover his treachery, they decided to storm Isengard.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

  9. #29
    The biggest difference between the books and the movies is the pacing. For instance, over 20 years passed between Bilbo giving up the Ring and Gandalf actually warning Frodo of it's origin. After that, Frodo didn't leave the Shire for several months to a year, IIRC. The Fellowship spends over two weeks in Rivendell before setting off. Basically the book focuses more on the travelling than the getting there.

    The movie retains the spirit of the book, but is best described as the shorthand version of Tolkien's story.

    Not to imply that I didn't absolutely love the movie along with the book.

    Anyways, on to the topic of the thread: Treebeard. Well, let's just say that if the CG version isn't that great looking, then the less we see of him the better. That scene is on somewhat dangerous ground, because it can turn out either really cool or reeeeeaaaallllyyyyy stupid looking. But I completely trust Peter Jackson's sensibilities on this.

  10. #30
    Originally posted by pthfnder89


    Hmm, that's interesting. I never saw him in either of the previews, but most of the shots were edited together very fast so I might have missed him. I'll check it again tonight.

    One thing though, if Treebeard was standing next to a hobbit it wouldn't be Frodo. He and Sam never meet the Ents. It'll be either Merry or Pippin who spend quite a long time with them in Fanghorn.

    Geonosian - here's some more info on the Ents form the books, although JarJar has covered most of the basics.

    -Treebeard is the oldest of the Ents
    -He not only fights in The Two Towers, he is the one to lead the Ents against Saruman at Isengard.
    -The Ents are generally very peaceful, but Saruman angered them by creating an Orc army; the Ents HATE orcs with a violent passion because the orcs destroy trees left and right as they march along.

    I truly hope they show at least part of the Ents destruction of Isengard. It's one of the coolest images in the novel to me, as the Ents are described as terrifying powerful and horribley angry when they attack Isengard. It sends chills down my spine when I read it.
    Thanks for the info buddy, but I dont think TB fighs. He is too old. There might be a possiblity that we might see a few ENTS after the battle at Helms deep.
    Has anyone been able to find the pic?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO