Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Treebeard

Treebeard

Can anyone actuallt tell me what he does?
    Does he fight?
    Do anything?
    Thanks.

Jonna
    TREE BEARD??? You lost me at hello!

Ok...hes in The Two Towers.

Treebeard is the leader of the Ent's. They are a race of living trees. Here is some info from TheOneRing.Net. John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) is doing the voice of him in the movie. From what I understand, we won't see to much of the Ent's in the movie, they were very hard to realize in CGI.

Aliases: Fangorn, Shepherd of the Trees, the Eldest
    Date of Birth: ?
    Race: Ent
    Height: about 14 feet
    Date of Death: ?
    Alignment: Good
    Parents: ?
    Spouse: None
    Date of Marriage: N/A
    Children: None

Physical description: Resembles a large tree, with a beard of moss.

Biography: During the War of the ring, Treebeard was the oldest living thing in Middle Earth. Celeborn called him The Eldest. Treebeard was responsible for the rousing of the Ents against Saruman, and the destruction of Isengard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treebeard.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	2931  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks JarJar. So does he or any other ent fight at helms deep?

Minor Spoilers!!

The Ent's are supposed to be attacking and destroy Isengard (Sauruman's Keep) while Saruman's army is busy during the battle of Helm's Deep. It's in retaliation for when Sauruman had the forrest destroyed, to create his army in Fellowship. Atleast that's what I understand is to happen in Two Towers. I am avoiding mostly all the spoilers, and the books until after I have seen the movie. I am only reading the charecter profiles on TheOneRing.Net for the movies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-18-2002 at 12:27 AM.

Cool. But I think hes to old to fight. Maybe we WILL see other ents fight. What do you say?

More Minor Spoilers!!

Originally posted by Geonosian
    Cool. But I think hes to old to fight. Maybe we WILL see other ents fight. What do you say?
    From what I understand, they are having a real hard time realizing the Ent's thru CGI. And the last I heard, we will see the army of Ent's approaching Isengard, and then they will switch back to the battle at Helm's Deep, and then later flip back to Isengard to show that it's been destroyed. That may change, but I know they are saying that rendering the Ent's so they look realistic is a problem.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I understand. So we see the army aproching...

I found it hard enough to come up with a mental image for ents while reading the book. I can't imagine what the CG artists are going through. They certainly can't do any worse than that ridiculous animated version did. Shame on Ralph Bakshi. Shame.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008