Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Opening Saga figures?

Just wondering what the best way to open these saga figs, without completly tearing the cards?
    Any suggestions?

You could try the exacto knife approach and carefully cut off the plastic bubble, but this usually leaves pieces of the bubble on the card and makes it harder to store them (it's safe to assume that keeping the cards is your priority, why worry about tearing them if you are just going to throw them away?).

I usually just use my fingernail to pry up a corner of the bubble and slowly tear off the bubble, this leaves the card relatively intact.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Hobby knife or Paring knife is what I use. I slit the bubble right where it attached to the card, from one corner at the bottem, all the way around to the other corner at the bottem. That leaves the bubble just attached at the bottom, and you can easily get the figure out. No fuss, no muss.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

i use a knife or exacto knife and i cut around the bubble but i leave the bottom so the bubble stays on the card
    "Not again! Obi-Wan's gonna kill me!"-Anakin Skywalker

What has this hobby come to? The Art of opening your figures. I'm speechless......

I just want to save the card.
    Dont want the bubble and every time I try it just pulls up part of the card.
    I know I will never get it looking like a bubble was never on it, but as close as I can get is what I'm shooting for.
    I cut the bubble off but how do you get the part glued on the card off?

Thanks for the replies
    [color=blue]"I'm my own best friend"[/color] -Barf

[color=blue]1310[/color]

-[color=darkred] [size=3]D M P #8[/size] [/color]-

Originally posted by RAVAZ
    What has this hobby come to? The Art of opening your figures. I'm speechless......
    I hear what your saying.

Its not that important. I'm not worried if they are not perfect,
    not trying to sell them or anything.
    Just thought someone might know a good way to do this on these flimsy cards.
    Last edited by Big Chewie; 07-18-2002 at 01:51 AM.

at least you open them? whats wrong with not opening them?.... people on this board make it sound like it is a crime if you dont open all your figures. besides, they look better in the packaging, it's a safer place.

Nothing wrong with not opening them.
    Nothing wrong with that at all.
    I wasn't trying to say it that way so I will delete it.
    Sorry if I offended you.
    [color=blue]"I'm my own best friend"[/color] -Barf

[color=blue]1310[/color]

-[color=darkred] [size=3]D M P #8[/size] [/color]-

Originally posted by RAVAZ
    Zen and the Art of Opening Action Figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.