Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question should i convert to a strickly loose collector?

i have been wanting to do this for some time, but i am afraid my dad won't want to collect loose after the mistake we made when we opened all the red card figures....should i?
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Hey, if you like displaying your figures and making different scenes, then I say go for it. Besides, if you can afford it, only buy extras of the figures that you really like, just to keep carded. But it's your choice.
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

I open almost all of my figures. Once in a while, I will buy 2 and open 1. I don't think many of these figures will be worth much money. Look at the value of the Episode 1 figures. If I heard correctly, the Saga line has higher production numbers than Episode 1. The average figure in this line won't be a very good investment.

I'm waiting for the figures to go on clearance so I can pick up to use for customs. I plan on getting Jango Fett and turning him into an artuculated Boba Fett from ROTJ.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I open all of mine.
    I will admit they do look very pretty carded but c'mon,
    How can you appreciate how cool these things are unless you open them and try them out?
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Jonna
    "Try them out"? What sick thing are you doing to the figures, Bill?

Just never you mind...
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

i already have a farily good collection of varded and non-carded for me. i get them to open them. meaning that we first get them carded and then i get them loose......i only need 2 more jedi in the original 40 to complete my arena. that is nikto and sassee tiin. i'm getting them next week.
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I open probably 90% of my figures. Just look how worthless even the early POTF2 orange cards are! Such a tiny amount of figures are actually rare enough to warrant keeping them carded. The rest will only be worth more in time just for the plain fact that they are old, like in at least twenty years or so.

Jonna
    In all seriousness, do whatever you like. If you like the look of them carded, then keep them carded. Loose, then loose. I do both.

Open them all.

If you spend all your time wondering if this will be the next $50 figure on e-bay then you aren't having any fun with the hobby - it has become a business... A nasty one at that.