Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A nice wee find (ooo Betty)

Ain't it nice to find something that you never knew existed before?

I was looking in a TRU in Liverpool today when an old Alien Resurrection figure caught my attention.

Upon picking the box of the AQUA ALIEN up, I noticed a small piece of plastic in the corner of the box - it was THE BETTY, the small smugglers ship from the film.

I of course bought it (3 - bargain) and took the ship out.

It is excellent - not quite as detailed as an MM and made of softer plastic, but still a brilliant addition to my collection.

Have a look at the pic.

BC3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bettycomb.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	116  

Thumbs up wow!

nice find! you definately got the sci-fi mini ship karma.

in reference to your new and improved sig line, we'se all gonna have to start callin' you red!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Red face bc3: "Ain't it nice to find something that you never knew existed before?"

-why Sure it is- when I'm the one to find it, that is!!! when Ya'll find it it sets me on edge, knowin there's somethin out there i might want & don't have, and now have to go run mah hump ragged tryina find
    so how big is betty anyway? same size as an mm? i don't spose you got any xtras for us, didja? plz post a pic of complete, pkgd toy so i can program my visual scanning
    so, gettin into the droids, are ye? well it just so happens i found an o-o-p 2-1b at a yard sale this weekend. not in Perfect shape (coupla minor paintscuffs), and missing his lame handheld diagnostic tool, but say the word & it's yours meanwhile, i'd think any droid collector'd definitely want a Bomaar Monk b'jr had me get him several when they came out and is willing to part with one so you can have one, but he really likes em and would only do so in a trade (see my prev. arm-twistins ). lmk if you want me to arrange
    meanwhile, lmk if you want 2-1b & i'll enclose it in yer stuff; otherwise b'jr'll incorporate it into the medical atrocity section of his hell diorama
    vt
    np: trammps, "disco inferno"
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 10-10-2001 at 03:32 PM.

Eh up VT

I have already aquired 1 of EVERY droid except the B'Omarr - aquired the last one TC-14 last week (don't want variants of battle droids - diff paint jobs don't interest me).

However, I am heading back into my home town again tomorrow to see if I can pick up a Betty for GSG, so what do you say, a Betty for a B'Omarr (if they have any left)?

LMK

BC3

VT - Those "Aqua Aliens" were all over Kaybee last holiday season. I passed on them, but never noticed the 'lil "Betty". I'll keep an eye out around here for one (or more). So's I don't go and buy 'em, then find out the price was too hi fer 'ya, what's the limit I should pay for them?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Question but how Big is betty?

i kinda doubt b'jr'll agree to that bc3 (i think he's got his taste buds Set on your xtra sst & mib mms ), but i'll ask him if you wish
    thanx for offer swaffinator lessee, since i only collect stuff that's the equal in Some way to an mm ship, and we already know betty's not comparable re detail, that leaves price, So: $2 is the max i'll pay for that mulffer (used to have a stoner pal who Actually pronounced "muffler" that way ), not countin shipping. so for example, if toy's $3 and you think the aqualien's worth $1 to keep for yourself, sounds like a nice (price)tag team to me
    vt
    np: kim carnes (Must i cite the track for y'all? )
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 10-10-2001 at 10:48 PM.

Hmm, appears to be around the size of the Defiant MM...just my guess tho.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The Betty is pretty much the same length as the MM Drop Ship.

BC3

Medical Atrocity Section corrected link
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Someone's a bit sadistic...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"