Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I don't know if it is the same in the US, but....

I was in Liverpool TRU today, and I heard a tape playing on repeat near the action figure section.

Included on the tape was......

"Resistance is futile"

"Your culture will adapt to service ours"

"We will add your biological distinctiveness to our own"

Inspired by this recording, I scoured the entire store for Star Trek toys but found NONE.

Is this the same in the US.

BC3

Playmates, the company that last had rights to make Star Trek toys (the company who was doing those Action Fleet-knockoffs, Strike Force, by throwing a fit with Paramount and demanding the ONLY toy license for Trek at the time) gave up the license after the line stopped selling, mostly due to Playmates' own mistakes (1701 problems, the Tribbles in package, exclusives, resizing the line, removing articulation, selling too few of core characters in main costumes) so no Trek toys are on shelves anymore , but next month, we'll be getting a 2pack of TOS-era Kirk and Roddenberry: http://209.197.117.27/databases/acti...ow_article=139
    And Paramount is shopping around for a new toy manufacturer to take up the Trek line of toys. Perhaps Hasbro could acquire it and get the MM Trek line back in business.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

One can but dream........

a gene roddenberry doll???!!!??

ack

if toy companies are gonna start makin' dolls of behind the scenes people, i want to see an edith head doll myself! complete with a full wardrobe of all her finest creations!
    Last edited by good shot jansen; 10-12-2001 at 11:33 AM.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Thumbs up my fave "head"? her green pillbox outfit for grace in Rear Window

Last edited by vulcantouch; 10-12-2001 at 10:24 PM.

Yeah, a Gene Roddenbary figure, pretty cool lookin' to, on StarTrek.com they have a color picture of the 6" figure 2-pack and it's up for pre-order at NewForceComics. Really cool too, it's Kirk sitting in his Captain's chair and Geen has his hand on Kirk's shoulder, but the really cool part is that even though it's a memorable collectible 2-pack, the figures have major articulation, Kirk has 18 points and Gene has 16. Kirk also comes with his communicator and phaser, I can't wait for this set! We need a Jedi Luke & George 2-pack like this.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Lucas doll

LTBasker...in case you haven't seen this one, they do at least have half of your desire
    George Lucas Doll
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Yeah, I've seen that George figure, just wish I had the dough to lay down for it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Come on guys......George Lucas & Gene Roddenberry dolls?

Why?

BC3

Well, Greeks, Romans and Egyptians all made statues of their gods...