Super Deformed a.k.a. Japanese Gold

Was anyone able to get the Episode 1 Super Deformed figures from Japan a while back? They were too expensive for me at the time, but man do I feel like I missed out.

For those who don't know what Super Deformed is, it is a Japanese collecting trend where the body is shrunk while the head of the figure stays big. The Palm Talkers were the American import of the OT series, with the addition of voice chips. They are insanely unique, and just look plain cool. Most American companies shy away from calling them "Super Deformed," instead opting for titles like "Little Big Heads."

Anyways, if anyone has pictures of this Episode 1 line or any other classic characters, can you post them? I really want to see the Darth Maul one again. And does anyone have info on an ATOC line? A Super Deformed Kit Fisto would make my year!

I've spotted them on eBay from time to time, waiting for my moment to strike and add them to my Chewbacca Palmtalker. I'd link you, but I'm not sure about the eBay-linking policy around here. Just run a search on "super deformed star wars", a guy has some up now (along with other junk; check out his 'other auctions' page). You are right about how cool they are, though.
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

Yeah, I check ebay from time to time. I rarely see any of the Episode 1 Super Deformed though.

BTW I love the name.... Madman rocks!

Thanks. Believe it or not, you're the first person I've met who knows where my handle comes from (and I use this everywhere).

Anyhoo, the eBay auction I mentioned being online now is an Episode 1, but it may not be what you're talking about exactly (I think these are bootlegs). I'll PM you the link, anyway (I should've thought of that earlier).
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?