Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: No, thank YOU!

Originally posted by MisterPL
    Sorry, stillakid. I wasn't referring to you personally, I was talking about the other 50,000+ geeks with nothing better to do on a school night. We're not like that. We have WORK in the morning.

Seriously, if we weren't among those obsessive fanboys, we wouldn't be having this "lively discussion." I'm still having fun.

Double-bladed lightsabres aside (I think we agree they're not much of an issue in Star Wars lore), I'm happy waiting for the rest of the Saga to unfold before getting my panties in a bunch. Midichlorians seem to me to have a specific purpose in this trilogy, not the next. I'm pretty sure George hadn't given it much, if any, thought before 1997. Maybe not. I'm hoping that he can clear things up before the end credits roll on Episode III.

I don't remember Qui-Gon or anyone else saying you needed midichlorians to be a Jedi, or that only Force-wielders had Midichlorians. I thought, as with my blood analogy earlier, that everybody had them. Perhaps one needed a certain number to really show talent, kind of like someone who spends their life drawing to become an okay illustrator versus a Grandma Moses who doesn't start 'til she's "too old to begin the training" but turns out to be some wunderoma.

It's that "the one who will bring balance to the Force" line that's got me scratching my head. So Anakin's gonna help bring about the downfall of the entire Jedi order (except for two, Ben & Yoda), and the Council doesn't want to keep tabs on this kid? Please.

But that's another thread.

Ya think Huck got his answer?

No, my bad, as the kids say. I gotta learn to take a deep breath every now and again.

I, too have trouble with that balance of the Force thing, but honestly haven't invested enough mental time into trying to figure it out. It sounds good ("bring balance to the Force"), I suppose, but makes little sense. If somebody could start that thread I'd be interested in hearing all the thoughts on what it could possibly mean. Maybe some of those "kids" have some clever ideas.

Peace!

Originally posted by stillakid

For what it's worth, I'm kind of with you on the brother sister thing. I don't see it as messing up any story continuity as such. It just is, well...incredibly convenient. I think that it was a MAD magazine spoof that addressed it best. It went something like this:

LUKE: Leia is my sister!

BEN: Your insight serves you well, that and Leia is the only other female in the whole story.

A New Hope was really well structured, but by the time Jedi came around and Lucas had to find a way to glue the strands together, his tendencies toward finding the easy way out began to shine through. In hindsight, it shouldn't have been a surprise to see something like the Midichlorians pop up out of nowhere, but it's still disappointing nonetheless.
    I've heard that the "other" Yoda mentions in ESB was actually supposed to refer to the main character of the third trilogy. However, when GL decided he didn't want to make a third trilogy he felt the need to tie up that loose end. I don't see why he couldn't have just left it open and let fans' imaginations run with it. It just adds one more ridiculous coincidence to the SW saga. Of course, Ep1 added many more, namely the origin or Threepio and Anakin's friendship to Artoo. You'd think in a galaxy of trillions, the same characters wouldn't keep bumping into each other.

Thumbs up

GL just thought of it.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Thumbs up

Concerning the "Balance of the force"...check out the "chosen one" thread in movies: EPI of this forums.
    As always...........L

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I've heard that the "other" Yoda mentions in ESB was actually supposed to refer to the main character of the third trilogy. However, when GL decided he didn't want to make a third trilogy he felt the need to tie up that loose end. I don't see why he couldn't have just left it open and let fans' imaginations run with it. It just adds one more ridiculous coincidence to the SW saga. Of course, Ep1 added many more, namely the origin or Threepio and Anakin's friendship to Artoo. You'd think in a galaxy of trillions, the same characters wouldn't keep bumping into each other.
    Han Solo was going to be Lukes brother from what I know.Its a long story and It'll just put you guys to sleep
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Alright,an answer to the original question.(man,you guys get off subject pretty good.) From my understanding,the double-bladed saber is used for training.(Sith mostly I guess)

Wink

it's funny how the guy who played darth maul is actually a expert...that's one reason they choose him...

i wonder if they're going to be any other "non-conventional" sabres in AOTC.
    EDIT: i spelt AOTC wrong.
    Last edited by jw_bryant; 11-09-2001 at 10:24 AM.

The Swiss Army Light-Knife, the Box Light-Cutter, the Pocket-Saber, the Light-Machette, and the ever popular LightSaber-Ginsu.