Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: obi's death

Thumbs down obi's death

he just kinda dissapears and his cloak and sabre, yet nothing else, fall to the ground. i really wish they would do something to fix this even if it as a stupid looking spirit come out of his body to show that he really isnt just letting vader hack him down.
    I dont want to sell you death sticks, i want to go home and rethink my life.

Yeah maybe they could have him covered in chains and making spoooooky noises too
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Originally posted by billfremore
    Yeah maybe they could have him covered in chains and making spoooooky noises too
    Yes! Then he can be visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future (Qui-Gon, Mace & Darth Maul). Then they'll show Vader what a miser he's become so he can change his ways and spread tidings of comfort and joy throughout the galaxy!
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

like in that muppets christmas movie LOL
    I dont want to sell you death sticks, i want to go home and rethink my life.

uh... I thought he was letting Vader strike him down....

Maybe Vader could be Ebeneezer Scrooge
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

This still hasn't been explained in the recent movies. Why didn't Qui Gon disappear like Obi Wan or Yoda? Why did Obi Wan say he'd become more powerful than Vader could imagine if he was struck down? When those questions are addressed in the next movie I'm sure those scenes will make more sense.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Qui Gon didn't disappear because he wasn't ready to become "one with the force" like Obiwan and Yoda were.

Obiwan became more powerful than Vader could possibly imagine because Obiwan became one with the force when Vader struck him down.

This is George Lucas we are talking about- since when has he started answering questions? Having all these questions is what makes the Star Wars movies one of the greatest sagas of all time.

I thought that I read somewhere that GL was going to specifically address these questions in the upcoming movie. And jblodgett, your answers would fit the movies but nothing has been addressed offically to my knowledge.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

The thing that bothers me abou this scene is that Vader actually searches for OB1's remains... (just when OB1 dissappears he stands over the robe of OB1)...Maybe he thought OB1 shrunked...
    As always...........L