Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Movies that were over-hyped

I have a huge list, but the one that is freshest in my mind (since I watched it last nite) is "Ray". It was a good movie and Jamie Foxx did a great job as Ray Charles, but people talked about this movie like it was the next coming of God. Had people not blabbed about it for weeks beforehand, I might have liked it a bit more. But I was expecting the glorious, life-altering film everyone was talking about and it was far from that.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Re: Movies that were over-hyped

This really isnt a movie but... HALO 2 way to muuchhh hype. It still is one of teh greatest games of all time but it didnt meet my expectations.

ET: The Extraterrestrial. Yeah sure, it was a good movie, but it certainly isn't the movie it's been revered as.

The Matrix series. What a pile of superficial crap that was. Pretending to be "deep." Ugh.

I thought the movie The Village was overhyped. I know, it came from the same mind that brought us The Sixth Sense and Signs, but I thought the story was slow, and in the end I was just flabbergasted. I could not believe the angle it took. It had a typical M. Night Shymalan ending, but not in the kind that intrigues you.
    Just my 2 cents, ignore as needed.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Shrek 2, definitely. This film had a marketing program to rival ROTS (well, maybe not as much) and it wasn't that great. Everyone hails it as the best damn thing ever, and really, it's far from it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I agree with the "Halo 2" statement. It just didn't live up to expectations. Here are mine:

Napoleon Dynamite: I know a lot of you may add me to your Ignore lists because of this, since you're huge fans of this movie, but just hear me out. I didn't think that it was that bad of a movie. But what happened with me was that I thought it would be the funniest movie I'd ever see, judging from all the hype. I rented it a few weeks ago and I didn't really find it all that funny. To me, it just got kind of boring after a while. It was a movie trying to be different, which I applaud, since I loved "Clerks", which was about as different as you can get. But to me, "Clerks" succeeded and "Napoleon Dynamite" failed. I don't know why, but it just didn't do it for me. And I already know that I am part of the 3 people that didn't think this movie was all that funny.

Shark Tale: Reviews praised it, but long story short, I go into the theater and I walk out an hour later. Crappy movie that insulted my intelligence!

That's all I can think of right now.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Titanic: If you were surprised the boat sank then you need help. And it also took SW #1 box office spot.

The Village: The title is 'nuf said. Bleh!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Dances with Wolves: Wish this one would 'Sleep with the Fishes'.

Austin Powers in Goldmember: No, baby, no!

The Return of the King: This one will get me in trouble I'm sure. I thought FOTR and TTT were brilliant and that they both should have won for best picture (And Peter Jackson as well). I was really disappointed in ROTK though and I thought it's Oscars were mostly a statement on the trilogy as a whole and not that picture. (The extended edition is much better though, IMO)

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Off the top of my head:
    Underworld - Quite possibly the worst action movie ever. Not even Kate Bekinsale in tight black leather could help it. But it did have an awesome trailer though.
    LOTR trilogy - So very boring. I've never looked at my watch so many times during a movie. I still refuse to see the third one.
    Matrix Sequels - I still like the first one, but the less said the better about the other two.
    Van Helsing - Boring and predictable, with the worst versions of Frankenstein and Dracula ever. Where were Abbot and Costello when I needed them?
    Shrek 2 - Ummm...wasn't it supossed to be funny?
    Pearl Harbor - There is about 15 watchable minutes (the attack). Othe wise it's a chick flick.
    Armageddon - Another chick flick disguised as an action movie.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

The Matrix: Way overhyped, good effects, bad story and acting....

Braveheart:I cant stand this movie. It put me to sleepat every attemptto view it.

Titanic: Decent movie, worth watching once

Finding Nemo: Not funny, not cute not anything but the computer it was created on...
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten