Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not necessarily. Parents who buy their kid a high-end computer are no different from those buy buy their kid a Playstation, a Playstation2, a Gameboy Advance, a GameCube, and an X-box.

I have a "high-end" computer and a PS2, X-Box, Gamecube, N64, Dreamcast, SNES, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega Master System, TurboGraphix, Atari 2600, 3-DO, Jaguar, and Playstaiton......that I bought all with my money.

However, I still prefer playing most games on consoles. Specs aside, it is just more fun, especially for multiplayer games. Nothing beats playing with people who are right beside you.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Then I say those are some darn lucky kids. I hope they know how lucky they really are. Sorry for the comment Deadeye, it's just many of your comments are sickening to read. You hold yourself in such high esteem over everyone else. It just gets old after awhile.

Yeah...and everyone b*tching gets old after a while too.

QLD, sitting with the people you frag is okay...but the gameplay is horrible with a split screen!

See I don't have any console and my computer is high end I guess (well it was when we bought it) but its not just mine. I mainly use it but my parents use it too (my sister has her own POS comp from like '97) so its not like my parents spent $1000+ on me alone.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Well, as you say, if you have a "high-end" tv, it's not a problem at all.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

You know, you can sit next to the people you're fragging and still see full screen on the PC. Its called a LAN party...
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Yeah, but LAN party's, I admit are very cool, are not very practical at all. And in most groups of friends, the person with the "high-end" computer is the exception.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Even the most high-end TVs in the world still cannot match the resolution on a monitor.

i have a high end computer, well i got a cable modem and a link sys router(i think that what it's called)my whole famaliy uses it though
    "Fought well you have my old padawan"-Yoda

"This is just the begining"-Count Dooku

be sure to check out my site http://pub78.ezboard.com/bgundamhangerrpg