Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    True, but my eyes are barely good enough to tell the difference. So I'll take the WEGA for gaming experiences.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I have cable modem too.

If we have a big SSG match, we'll all need quick internet connections, plus a T1/Cable/DSL to host. Anyone with 56K or less joining lags up the server for everybody.

Originally posted by DeadEye
    QLD, sitting with the people you frag is okay...but the gameplay is horrible with a split screen!
    It definitely isn't the best if you don't have a large TV, but it can still be extremely fun. Obviously LAN parties are the ultimate way to play multiplayer since you can play with your friends in the same room, but they are such a huge pain to set up that most people (like me and my friends) don't have the time.

So console multiplayer gives us a great way to frag each other face-to-face and have a blast.

I've been a console AND PC gamer for my entire life; there has literally never been a time before I was 3-4 years old that we did not have a computer (an Apple IIe) and a game console (and Intellivision) in the house. I can honestly say that there is no distinct advantage between the two; each has ups and downs and I love both types of platforms.

As a wise man once said, "It's all about the GAMES baby!"

DeadEye, what're the specs of your comp? I'm hopefully going to get a new one by Sept. before Galaxies comes out, but it depends on if I can find a second job soon. Enjoy your youth my young friend Once you have to pay for everything yourself, trust me, it's a damn pain!

My current comp [P2 450, 512RAM, GeForce2, Soundblaster Live Platinum] was an Xmas present from my dad when I was just a bit older than you, about 4 years ago. It's served me well but it's time to retire it from gaming life, It barely meets the min. reqs. for lots of games anymore
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Even the most high-end TVs in the world still cannot match the resolution on a monitor.
    True, but when was the last time you got to play Jedi Outcast on a 55" computer monitor?
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

A 55" monitor? Ha,...a TV screen that big is nice, but the resolution is disgustingly low...images are stretched and distorted, and poorly rendered textures are a blurry mess...

My comp is an AMD 2100+, 1024MB RAM, Geforce3...very high-end...since the only real difference between a Geforce3 and 4 is double memory, and no games even take advantage of the Geforce3's memory yet, so...

My comp is an AMD 2100+, 1024MB RAM, Geforce3...very high-end...since the only real difference between a Geforce3 and 4 is double memory, and no games even take advantage of the Geforce3's memory yet, so...
    ....oh....my.....god.....that.....must.....kick... .major....***.....
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Jonna
    I have no idea what anyone is talking about and I was like Weeeeeeeeeee!

This is just a drive-by Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

....oh....my.....god.....that.....must.....kick... .major....***.....
    Damn straight.

Originally posted by Jonna
    I have no idea what anyone is talking about and I was like Weeeeeeeeeee!

This is just a drive-by Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Someone's been watching too much "Gonads and Strife"...

Deadeye: You play Q3 or any of its mods?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I play every first-person shooter there is.