Cool Your qwest as a kid to get your first game system.

I remember my first game system the original NES. Nintendo Entertainment System. For 4 months, from Feb. '89-May '89, my brother and I did all we could to do earn money for our anticipated system. We did sales clubs, we porused for soda and beer containers (Iowa has 5 cents deposit). Once we found a half 24 pak of beer. So we emptied them all out to get the cans.
    What an adventure.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

My first was the Atari 2600. My mom just came home with it. I had never heard of it at that time. It had just come out. That was followed by Intellevision for X-Mas. Then for another X-Mas the Atari 5200. Followed by the Commodore 64. Then later, I got the NES with money from birthday/working at sports card shops. Then, I was in high school when the Genesis/SNES came out, so I was working. I have bought virtually every game system since.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

The first that I had to work towards was my NES. We had the Atari 2600 and the Odyssey 2 prior to it. I had gotten the Atari 7800 for Xmas the year before, so my mom refused to plop down the cash for the NES. My class was doing a fundraiser that would give us prizes if we sold alot of items. I sold 100 pieces of jewerly for my class (which made the class pretty happy, since I think I doubled the next highest seller), and I got my NES. It was the set with the NES, gun and Super Mario/Duckhunt. That was the greatest day!

My grandmother got us the NES one Christmas.