Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

The A-Team -The Movie!

Looks like this is happening. 2003 - It will be an all-new cast though.

First because George Peppard (Colonel Hannibal Smith) is passed on, most unfortunately.

Second, because I'm not sure Dirk Benedict (Lt. Templeton "Face-man" Peck) is still young enough to be a ladies' man and not a "grandmas' man." But I'm really not sure in that case.

However, Mr. T (Sgt. B.A. Baracus) looks just like his old self in his phone company commercials and Dwight Schultz (Capt. "Howling Mad" Murdock) is also active and well (recently Cmdr. Barclay in Star Trek - testimony to his ability to perform).

Besides, stunt guys always did the 8 car crashes in 60 seconds for the old shows anyway.

But I just don't think it will be the same without the original crew.

Your thoughts?

Who would you cast?

Jim Carrey as Murdock could work. Maybe.

Only Mr. T could pull off B.A.'s character, though! I don't know of another good black actor who's built like that. Michael Dorn (Worf -Star Trek)?

Could Sam Neil (Jurassic Park) play Hannibal. He'd look right with the cigar. I just don't know if he could play the character. What about Tommy Lee Jones?

Dirk Benedict (Starbuck then Face-Man) would be hard to replace, too. Micheal Bien? (Terminator and Aliens?) What about Ewan McGreggor (Obi-Wan Kenobi)?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I like Bill Paxton for Face's part for some reason.

Sean Connery as Hannibal

Jim Carrey as Murdock would work i think.

I can't think of anyone to replace Mr. T, maybe Michael Clark Duncan, or Benny Hill in his Mr. T costume.

And Tommy Lee Jones as Colonel Decker.

However, they are probably better going with mostly unknowns.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    A-Team Introduction
    In 1972 a crack comando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles Underground.
    Today , still wanted by the government they survive as solders of fortune. So, if you have a problem, if no one else can help and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..... THE A -TEAM
    "I love it when a plan comes together."--Colonel Hannibal Smith

Mel Gibson would make a great Hannibal Smith.

Ving Rhames would do a mean B.A. Baracus.

Greg Kinnear would make a suitable prettyboy Face. or maybe Nicky Katt or Paul Rudd. It's tough to gauge the age factor in a movie like this.

Howlin Mad Murdock? hmmm...so many ways to play it. Matt McCounaghy? Vince Vaughn? Viggo Mortensen? I'm always for casting against type. Jim Carrey is too much of a scene hog to be in an ensemble pic like this one.

Stephen J Cannell said he would like Mr T. to cameo in the film, but he didn't say anything about Benedict or Schultz. hmmm.

And don't forget to cast Col. Decker and Col Lynch.! You can't have the A-team without William Lucking and Lance Legault.

For some reason I picture James Rebhorn in that role...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

for some reason, i think this film will be a huge stinker like the hogan hero's movie. while the TV show now seems slightly cheesy, it was good for it's time and served it's purpose.

as a kid i loved the TV show, but i have no desire to see a big screen version of this. maybe a 2 hour TV movie reuniting the original cast, but not a feature film.

I had heard rumours about the casting a while back this is what I heard:

Mel Gibson as Hannibal
    Owen Wilson as Howling Mad Murdoch
    and
    Brendan Frasier as Faceman

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the actor they wanted for B.A. but I can't remember his name. He wasn't a big name though.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

It wouldn't be the same with different actors. Just broadcast the original series more frequently and I'll be happy.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    EEugh. Owen Wilson keeps playing himself in every movie he's in. I could see Brendan Fraser as Face.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

The more I think about it, nobody except for Mr. T could ever be B.A. Baracus.

I aint gettin' on no plane Hannibal.

That's okay B.A., here drink my milk...
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

the only thing i can say to this is is that the show was ok and that its way past its time and it would take a lot to make it a decent movie.

Bill Paxton was the President in ID4, right?

He would make a great "Face Man!"

If Jim Carrey could be 'controlled,' he's so right for Murdock. It would help sell the show to his fans, and also keep it tongue-in-cheek because no one is supposed to take the A-Team too seriously.

Now, remember Tommy Lee Jones in J.F.K. as Clay Shaw? He also played a pretty convincing Viet Nam Vet in Heaven and Earth. As Two-Face in Batman Forever he played a more over-the-top character like Hannibal.

You know who also could be good, if you kept him more serious, is Bill Murray. He has to play a dramatic character, because otherwise he'll still come out funny. But I could see him in all those crazy disguises of Hannibal's!

Because George Peppard is dead, they cannot reunite the whole cast again. Like I said, the other 3 returning would be the first way I'd go.

Hope B.A.'s van and Face's Vette are still the same. I loved those cars!

Could Jack Nicholson play Hannibal?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.