Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ki-Adi Mundi Question?

In TPM Ki-Adi Mundi was a Jedi Knight, but in AOTC he is a Master, does anybody know who his apprentice was?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

No.
    And, you don't necessarily have to take on an apprentice to become a Jedi.
    And just because the Hasbro figure says Master, doesn't mean he is one: the Obi-Wan: Jedi Knight Episode I figure had a braid, and of course, a braid is a sign that you are a Padawan.

somewhere I read (not from a forumite) that Ki-Adi was the only jedi in E1 in the high jedi council not being a jedi master but he finallly became one between E1 and E2
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Yeah, he was the only Knight on the Council. He probably showed great force potential and was a high student but was on the verge of being Digitally Mastered. (Couldn't resist. )
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It was the EpI VD that said he was a Knight in Episode I, but your right it is only hasbro saying he's a master in Episode II!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

according to the expanded universe and starwars.com he did have a padawan.

Ki-Adi-Mundi returned to Tatooine, searching for the missing Jedi Master Sharad Hett. After adventuring in the deadly desert sands, Ki-Adi-Mundi found Hett and his son A'Sharad, who had been living with the native Tusken Raiders. Hett was killed by the Jedi hunter Aurra Sing, and Ki-Adi-Mundi took A'sharad as his Padawan, continuing the young Jedi's training.

he also broke the jedi rule of "a jedi shall not know love"

Despite adherence to the Jedi philosophies, Ki was, in his hearts, a Cerean. He followed the Cerean custom of polygamous marriage, taking a bond wife, Shea, and four honor wives. He fathered seven daughters and became a strong community leader.

but i have not seen anything to suggest he his a "master" now besides what hasbro put on their package.
    Lok: Who are you?
    Oobie: I am Oobedoob Benubi. I have the silliest name in the galaxy.
    Lok: What's your middle name?
    Oobie: Scoobi-Doobi.
    Lok: Oobedoob Scoobi-Doobi Benubi?

the fact that he has wives doesn't mean he loves them you know... Jedi are not allowed to love. but that doesn't mean they can't have descendants in whichever way their species does. Remember Plo Koon is supposed to come from a long line of Jedi (according to SW official site)

I don't think it's not that their not allowed to love at all, the council didn't seem to care about Anakin's obvious love for Padme, they just care about it when it impares your judgement. Clear evidence of that is the squabble between Anakin and Obi on the Gunship while chasing Dooky.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

well i always figured to become a master u have to train a padawan so if he trained hett he is a master, and know a lot a people don't like eu but i do so to me he is a master.
    Duct Tape...the Force it is like. Both a light side and a dark side it has. Binds the universe together it does!

Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    [B And just because the Hasbro figure says Master, doesn't mean he is one: the Obi-Wan: Jedi Knight Episode I figure had a braid, and of course, a braid is a sign that you are a Padawan. [/B]
    obi-wan cut off his jedi braid and gave it to anikan. that's what it says in EI insiders guide computer program.
    hango
    Sampsonite! i was way off!