Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This Rare?

Is This Rare?

I have got a carded Dexter Jettster, a figure quite rare itself, with a background packed in and on the side where it says all the accessories, it says pipe, which most of them don't say at all, how rare is it?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

pretty rare...it ony came in the first few shipments i guess..the background alone is worht i'd say 3-5 dollars more than retail...with the pipe text, add another 4 to that...
    800th post!!!! whooo hooo!
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I wouldn't say rare. Even if each store got 2 in, that's still a couple million in production, so locally uncommon, at best. You can probably find one for retail if you look hard enough, forgoing the figure hoarders and proceeding through an honest outlet.

And if you can't find one, so what? The figure is the thing you play with, and the packaging, background included, is disposed of.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

unless u dont play with the figure...
    "It takes more than one step to go the extra mile for someone"

Good Sellers:

BJBFrericks

I doubt there are millions of them, and not every store got those shipments.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

dexter is rare himself? i see dex everywhere, and i really don't look all that much
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Dex isn't that rare himself...but that Pipe text showing w/ background version is QUITE RARE.
    http://www.streetmusicny.com

"Street Music" (Directed by JD Marlow) is a documentary short about performance in public spaces, focusing on NYC street and subway musicians. Check out my web site for more information about the film!

the only dexter's that i have seen around here were all the non-backgrounded type. and the "pipe" text was covered up. so i would thing that there are millions of them either.
    Lok: Who are you?
    Oobie: I am Oobedoob Benubi. I have the silliest name in the galaxy.
    Lok: What's your middle name?
    Oobie: Scoobi-Doobi.
    Lok: Oobedoob Scoobi-Doobi Benubi?

dexter may not be rare but since i started looking for him i've noticed he's hard to find, in any form

Originally posted by jet chan
    dexter may not be rare but since i started looking for him i've noticed he's hard to find, in any form
    I've had this happen too!! I got the clean Biker Scout from POTJ and that was all I wanted. Then I saw the Dirty version come in, but I am no a varation hunter. So I let him go. For about a month, 7 of those figs sat on the pegs. Then I decide to do an Endor Diorama and I wanted a dirty Biker Scout to go in there. I walked out to our toy dept and behold, all 7 scouts, which were there the day b/4, are all gone!! I haven't see one since
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"