Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT:AE in Theatres?

Are they going to show the Archival Editions of the movies in theatres, or just straight to DVD with 'em?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

As far as I know it is straight to DVD. Which is unfortunate to those who don't have a DVD player because I don't think they'll be on VHS either.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Well, DVD Players are now actually out selling VHS machines by a wide margin. So by the time the archival editions get released, most people will own players anyway. Heck, you can get a good DVD player now for about $100.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh poo . . . I wanted to see them again in theaters!

Originally posted by Deckard Smith
    What are Archival Editions?
    It's sort of a Super Special Edition! George is adding yet MORE material to the OT movies for the DVD. It is rumored that Padmé will be in ROTJ, the old 'Chimp Lady' Emperor will be replaced with Ian McDiarmid in ESB, Jar Jar will be in ANH and before Alderaan is destroyed it will show Bail Organa on the planet looking rather worried! They're just rumors but it has been confirmed that extra footage will be making it's way to the OT DVDs!

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Jar Jar in ANH? Oh come on. I like the guy, but I have my limits. Now I wouldn't mind if he had a small part like Boba Fett did in ANH:SE, but if he goes along with Luke and Han, just, well, come on.

He WON'T be going along with Han and Luke. I heard that he would be seen on the Death Star? In a way I hope he is on the Death Star, as long as it blows up with him on it.

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Pendo
    He WON'T be going along with Han and Luke. I heard that he would be seen on the Death Star? In a way I hope he is on the Death Star, as long as it blows up with him on it.
    PENDO!
    If Jar Jar doesn't die in EIII, and is added to the Archival ANH DVD, he will likely be added to the scenes of Alderaan with Bail Organa. Right before the Death Star destroys the planet.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Maybe Jar Jar was in the Death Star detention block. They never did show who was in there besides Leia...