Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How tall is Mawhonic?

Grans are roughly human-sized (witness Ree Yees, Aks Moe, and Aimlee Teem). However, quite some time ago, I found an Episode One Sticker Book that had stats on the podracers that says Mawhonic's just shy of three feet tall! Just another of those glaring continuity errors at work, or is Mawhonic really short for his species?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thumbs up

I guess he is human size. Probably just a mistake.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Arrow

"Not much bigger than 2 meters."
    Maybe it's a CGI mistake. ("That's impossible; even for a computer!" )

The pods aren't that big, Chuxter. Maybe he is a short Gran (un gran pequito? le petite graine? unt grun shortza? lep hueten granertin?).
    "That's what Sheev said."

The shortest human on record was just 29 inches, the tallest over 9 feet tall! They're still considered human. It seems plausible that other species would have vast differences in height just like us.

Mawhonic is probably a midget Gran.
    Last edited by bigbarada; 09-06-2001 at 12:29 PM.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Hey Bel Cam... you forgot: Gran tottemo chisaii! (Japanese)

I thought they were about a little over 5 feet tall, but who knows. Mawhonic is probably a little stumpy Gran. Poor guy...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I don't have time to look right now but a while back when they had the previous podracers databank entries, they had a small piece on Mawhonic which stated that he was indeed a small Gran which is why he was so good at pod racing. The EU entry has it that he is from a different part of the world than the other taller Gran we see in the Senate and elsewhere. The costume was huge though.
    My question is this: Why does Mawhonic and the Senators from Malastare have clawed feet and Ree Yees has normal humanoid feet? Explain that one George!

'Cuz GL took the liberty to redesign 'em. Remember, we'll never notice.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Ateema Gasgano Puh wannie wan I pasko ja maj Mawhonic!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Just from watching the film, it seemed to me like all the podracers were about Ani's height, which really sucked because Ani is played by a little 7-year-old!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    My question is this: Why does Mawhonic and the Senators from Malastare have clawed feet and Ree Yees has normal humanoid feet? Explain that one George!
    Maybe the Gran that colonized Malastare (and eventually produced Aks Moe, Aimlee Teem, and Mawhonic) did so long ago and have evolved separately from the ones on Kinyen (like Ree Yees)? Similar to the Duros/Neimoidian explanation, except since the root species wasn't named after the planet, they never changed the species name?

Sorry, Jargo, it's the best I can come up with.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 09-07-2001 at 12:01 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.