Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you wish to see in the Teaser?

When Episode I's Teaser was released my jaw droped and my mouth watered. Anakin's Pod Racer cruising through the Tatooine desert, Battle Droids and of course the dual: Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul.

What are you looking forward to seeing in the Teaser?
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Several things that I am really concerned about for the success of the movie:

1) Hayden acting: At least 2 or 3 sentences of shared dialog with another character, hopefully Padme or Obi-Wan. I want to hear his voice. Maybe twice, once soft and caring, once an angry warrior! I'd like to see his range and start to accept him as Anakin.

2) I'd like to see Anakin at Shmi's grave, or a scene actually with her (though I understand it is very brief in the movie). But they don't have to explain it is Shmi's grave in the trailer, yet Star Wars is a tragedy. I still picture Luke standing before the burning homestead and the charred bodies of his aunt and uncle, or before his father's funeral pyre on Endor. Obi-Wan and Anakin were both shown at Qui-Gon's funeral in the previous trailer for Episode One (though you weren't certain it was a funeral from the trailer, but nevertheless a somber moment). These moments show depth in Star Wars, and after all it is war, and there will be casualties.

3) Passion: play up the emerging desire between Anakin and Padme - it'll make it easier to get our girlfriends to go see this flick with us. It will also put an early emphasis on a key motivator in Anakin's life: his secret need for the love of one woman. A forbidden love. A scandal amongst noble knights. Hmmmm, in a sec, I'm going to write a post for the narration I'd like to see with the trailer....

4) The Republic's gunships used to transport the clones - I'd like to see some of the new vehicles of the film, especially this kind.

5) New locations - Kamino (confirmed the water planet) will be extremely exotic, Geonosis threatening, and I think the romantic backscape of the lake on Naboo will add to the epic feel of the movie and Anakin and Padme's secret love. Another overhead shot on Coruscant is also breathtaking: like just after Qui-Gon and party leave the Jedi Temple for the last time, and return to the Queen's ship. That was one of TPM's greatest shots!

6) Palpatine call for war (or the funds to raise a clone army) and say something about crushing an insurrection! Ian McDiarmid is one of Star Wars' best talents - and it's still hard to believe it's the same guy in Return of the Jedi, from all those years ago. Since he talked in the second trailer to TPM, I'd stuck glued to the edge of my seat. He's Star Wars' primary villain and his new look as the Chancellor 10 years later, is as shocking as that great cover to the Star Wars Insider and Ian's awesome interview that issue.

7) Jango Fett, preferably fighting Mace, as I think Obi-Wan should get more screen time in the trailer saying dramatic lines that will be important to the plot of the film, and reverse Mace's position "narrating the trailer" like last time, with him fighting in this one - an action scene.

8) Yoda with his lightsaber on! Showing that this movie is a notch up on the scale of action, if the Master himself is preparing to kick azz in this film!

9) Finally Dexter Jettster and a few of the other wierdos they have lined up for bit parts in this film. If Aurra Sing is in it, they should show her, as she again must play a very small role, but it will add to the ensemble cast that is returning from the last film.

Now for the words I'd use:

Take this as...

Every Generation Has A Legend...
    Every Journey Has A First Step...
    Every Saga Has A Beginning!!!

For Episode 2, I'd go:

A Time Of Uncertainty.
    A Love Forbidden.
    A Secret So Dark...

That Any Hope Will Be Extinguished!

Or

A Secret Love.
    An Oath of Loyalty.
    An Experiment In Evil!

and / or finally, I'd reuse actual lines of dialog from the previous movies:

"Don't give in to hate and anger. That leads to the Dark Side."
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon 'knight' must fall."
    "What does your heart tell you?"
    "I must obey my Master!"

with these famous quotations overlayed upon scenes from the new movie that they relate to.
    Last edited by Tycho; 10-12-2001 at 03:26 AM.

I saw the trailer for "Life as a House" and that got me excited about Hayden. he looks excellent in that picture, but if it turns out that he sucks in it, then I'll be dreading his role in AOTC.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    I saw the trailer for "Life as a House" and that got me excited about Hayden. he looks excellent in that picture, but if it turns out that he sucks in it, then I'll be dreading his role in AOTC.
    If he does suck in Life as a house he may be good in AotC. Some actore can suck in some movies and are good in others. But this doesn't apply to Kevin Costner. All of his movies suck.

1000 posts! woo-hoo!

I'd definitely be interested in seeing some of Hayden's acting ability since his SW.com documentary audition made me cringe. "Annie makes me sound like a little boy." Ugh!

However, I'd be most interested in seeing a little bit of the overall design work in the film. From aliens to starships. IMHO that's what really makes the SW galaxy fun.

You know just as long as I see yoda kicking some arse, and also Mace windu mixing it up....then I am already sold!

Oh yeah acting counts too!
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Congratulations on 1000 posts bigb!!

As for the trailer, I want to tape it on E! or Access Hollywood and watch it over and over and over like I did three years ago...Whatevers in the trailer will surely not dissappoint, whatever it might be...

either hayden is the second coming of a young marlon brando, or lucasfilm is engaged in a giant propaganda campaign regarding hayden's talent. everyone involved keeps gushing at how great he is. i hope they are right. i think he has that "look", a screen presence like brando, james dean or even brad pitt. maybe he'll end up being the harrison ford of the new star wars films(the one with the eternally successful career).
    Last edited by derek; 10-14-2001 at 11:39 AM.

i've seen the first half of the trailer (i'm downloading it off a offical site) and it looks AWSOME! there is a part with a bunch of jedi with lightsabers running forward! get back to ya in a few!

Downloading...where...how...who...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.