Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Try to explain this!!!

I watched ANH SE again today and I noticed one of Han's lines to Jabba didn't add up:

"Jabba, you're a wonderful human being."

Okay, I know George didn't plan on Jabba being Jabba and all of the real life answers.

But what about the Star Wars universe? Jabba isn't a human! He's a Hutt! Was Han being sarcastic? What's your take on this?

1 its a movie

2 its a movie

3 if dogs and cats and bears and stuff walked around talking i think we could also consider them human beings if they did everything we did.

4 its a movie
    I dont want to sell you death sticks, i want to go home and rethink my life.

I think its an insult ,calling him human .....from his point of view??

I agree with Darth Vellner, I take it to be insulting to Jabba to call him human rather than a Hutt.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

When the film was shot, they had a human stand in as Jabba. At the time, he didn't plan on Jabba being a large sluglike creature. That is why Han looks awkward when steps on Jabba's tail. Harrison Ford walked behind the actor. They used computer graphics to make him step on Jabba's tail.
    If I remember the interview with Lucas in the begining of the tape, he left that line in because he thought it was funny. So yes, it is sarcasm.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Rogue II
    When the film was shot, they had a human stand in as Jabba. At the time, he didn't plan on Jabba being a large sluglike creature. That is why Han looks awkward when steps on Jabba's tail. Harrison Ford walked behind the actor. They used computer graphics to make him step on Jabba's tail.
    If I remember the interview with Lucas in the begining of the tape, he left that line in because he thought it was funny. So yes, it is sarcasm.
    I figured it was for a bit of humor. I never watched the interview though, but I agree that it was kind of funny.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I think it was just supposed to be funny. It sounds a little strange to me, though.
    "Asteroids do not concern me, Lucas. I want those DVD's, not excuses."

I third that, or whatever. It's meant as an insult to Jabba.

EU explains how Hutts see themselves aboce all other life forms, and I also feel that Lucus felt it was an insult to Jabba too.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

Originally posted by stillakid
    I third that, or whatever. It's meant as an insult to Jabba.
    I fourth that... or something.
    C'mon, Anakin! Every time I fight a Dark Lord of the Sith on my own, I get my butt kicked! ~ Obi Wan