Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A question about the 12" Clonetrooper

Is it me or does the armor look like it's the same Hasbro used for the Stormtroopers?

It looks like they may have reused some parts. Anyone else notice how the head, torso and legs are all different shades of white?

I want to get one, but at my TRU the helmet has a greenish tint, the chest armor is white, and the legs have a slight tan tint. Very annoying.

So I'm gonna wait til I find a pure white one. Unless that is how they are suppose to look (who knows why though?).

it's all new parts. i looking at a clone vs. a stormtrooper now.

the legs are supposed to have a tannish tint because it is arena dirt.

Derek, I haven't compared, but I heard they have some parts that MAY be from the 12" Scout Trooper.

As for the coloring, I'm going to wait and see a clean version from KB (which means yellow or red trim), but the "dirty" regular trooper is just too dirty for my tastes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

jeditricks,

the only parts similar on the clone vs. scout trooper are the elbow pads. they are similar, but not from the same mold.

Question Question about 12" Clone troopers

Hey there!

Hi I was recently at a store, and saw that they had the 12" Clone troopers <white> for sale. But I also noticed that 3 of them had a green tint to their helmets...is this a good or bad thing? as I couldnt decide and left them there!

Help much appreciated!

Valek

Sounds like a defective paint job to me. Personally I'd pass and try to get a cleaner version.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I would also Pass! And Welcome to the Boards!!!
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned sooner.

The green tint seems to be a very widespread situation based on my experience. Nearly all the Clonetroopers I've seen in Wal-Mart, Toys r Us, etc. in different areas of Pennsylvania have all had green tint helmets. Only KB had a fair amount of white helmets. That's why I held out on the figure until I found a single white helmet clone at TRU for $20.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm