Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Question What was the WORST Sci-Fi movie you ever saw and why?

Since Eight Legged Freaks is making a run for the title- I thought it would be interesting to hear people's experiences with awful Science Fiction movies- what was the worst you ever saw and what made it so lame?

I have to say the worst I ever saw was:

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone. Peter Weller in a post apocalyptic struggle against Michael Ironside to rescue a couple of babes in gold hot pants with Molly Ringwald along for the ride. MST3K all way.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Starship Troopers

Stupid plotline. Stupid ending. Just plain stupid.
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

No! How dare you! Starship Troopers is one of the best damn movies ever made! There's not a single flaw with it!

I'm with DeadEye Starshilp Troopers was a good movie, I'd have to say the worst Sci-fi movie I ever saw was probably The Last Starfighter, it was really stupid, just so QLD knows it was a tough decision between that and E.T.
    The Truth Is Out There - Please Insert Disk 1

-Yeah, shes mine

Battlefield Earth was the worst Sci-Fi movie I've ever seen, didn't do L. Ron Hubbard's novel justice at all. The book was a hundred times better.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Brandon, you're right about Battlefield Earth. The book was 1,000 pages long, and the movie ends on about page 200. I'm serious.

Nightfall

IMHO, Nightfall was the worst SF movie I've ever seen. It was based on Asimov's wonderful short story but Asimov had his name removed from the credits it was so bad. The acting was TERRIBLE!

I'm afraid I enjoyed Starship Troopers and it seemed to follow the Heinlein juvenile line he produced.

I enjoyed the book Battlefield Earth a lot more than the movie...but the movie is still not as bad as Nightfall.......IMVHO!!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Originally posted by DeadEye
    Brandon, you're right about Battlefield Earth. The book was 1,000 pages long, and the movie ends on about page 200. I'm serious.
    I don't recall how many pages exactly were in the novel, but I do know it was dam long, and took me a month to read during dead time at work. I agree the movie ends around page 200 though. LOL
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Not including MST3k movies but I think THX-1138 was probably the worst Sci-Fi movie I've ever seen. What was Lucas smoking when he made this movie 'cause I want 2 of 'em.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Only because my 8 year old expectations were for action, action, action - and I got NONE. WHATSOEVER. I hated it so much, I've never watched it again. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad now, but I was ****$ed back then.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008