Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detention Cells

Cool Detention Cells

After getting almost snow blind with the Hoth series and in the midst of summer at that, Iíve decided to take a break and do a different theme for the meantime.

Detention Cells
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Looks like a great design AC, but I think it's time we start up a fundraiser to get you a better digital camera! I can't see any of the details on the left and right rooms and I want to.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Seems like a cool thing to have on a shelf even without the rooms behind. A row of cell block playsets end to end. You've inspired me to be a cheap copycat ACPin. Tell me, how did you join the playsets? do they link together easily or have you had to hack them round much? Oh, and JT is right, the pics are a little murky. The main overview looks okay but the larger shots are very darl and muddy and I couldn't see much.

IIRC, these sets DON'T lock together naturally because one edge is angled, but I'm sure AC figured out a way around this.

BTW AC, I didn't mean any disrespect by my previous comment.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Me neither.

I didn't think they would sit together too well from the pics I've seen of the playset. Still might get a few though to solve one of my display problems.

IIRC? Sorry if I seem a little dumb here but I don't understand that at all. Maybe you could help me out so I don't think you're insulting me slyly

"I can't see any of the details on the left and right rooms and I want to. "

"Oh, and JT is right, the pics are a little murky. The main overview looks okay but the larger shots are very darl and muddy and I couldn't see much. "

I took the pics initially about a month ago and I wasn't too happy myself about how the inner rooms turned out. I did manage to correct part of the problem which was the lighting. Instead of doing a reshoot, I decided to leave the initial pics as is and the next part should show the improvement. Then again, you'll just have to wait until I post the next part.

"IIRC, these sets DON'T lock together naturally because one edge is angled, but I'm sure AC figured out a way around this."

"I didn't think they would sit together too well from the pics I've seen of the playset. Still might get a few though to solve one of my display problems. "

At first, I planned to cut the edges so that I can glue them from end to end. I was going to fill in the gaps using sculpey or some modeling clay. But it posed another problem with the doors, which I want to be able to open. What you don't see in the pics is that these playsets are actually sitting on a base which they were tied into. As for the doors, you'll just have to wait for the next installment.

"BTW AC, I didn't mean any disrespect by my previous comment."

"Me neither. "

None taken.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    IIRC? Sorry if I seem a little dumb here but I don't understand that at all. Maybe you could help me out so I don't think you're insulting me slyly
    "If I Remember Correctly"

Get with the times, man! j/k

Darth Vader's Visit - Part 2

Here's the second part of the Detention Cell series.

Darth Vader's Visit

How do you like the lighting now?
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

The pics are... myriad! (that means there's a lot of 'em)

The lighting's better, but it's still not as clear as I'd like.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    The lighting's better, but it's still not as clear as I'd like.
    Black on black doesn't work quite well in terms of getting the right amount of lighting, but I'll just have to keep trying.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor