Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by stillakid

Um, he didn't duck. There isn't a shot of the guys actually getting pelted with the goo. There is a shot of the guys with their guns, and we see the Marshmellow Man "screaming" in the background. Then it cuts to a few big wide explosion shots. The only guy that we actually see in the process of getting covered in goo is the EPA guy who is down on the street. When we cut back up to the top of the building, the guys emerge from offscreen in various coverages of marshmellow. So there was a decision of some sort made that allowed Bill Murray to not be madeup with goo to the extent as the other guys. I'm just curious as to that conversation.
    Just before the marshmallow man explodes, Peter starts to get out of the way, which leads to the fact he could've ducked. Pop in your tape and play the scene.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker

Just before the marshmallow man explodes, Peter starts to get out of the way, which leads to the fact he could've ducked. Pop in your tape and play the scene.
    Yeah, I, uh, get it. Story-wise, he got out of the way. But behind the scenes, why did he get to pass on the goo? I really didn't think it was difficult of a question to understand.

Like I said, Bill probably just wanted to be different from the rest of the group so it'd be more like his character to be the one who manages to get away to gloat about not getting gooed.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

This thread scares me!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
    This thread scares me!
    I bet it does!!!!!!!!

Hey did you get that room cleaned up like I told you!!!

*cachsheeeeeeeeng................powers Proton Pak Gun and aims it at Ghost of Jonna*
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

i think it's part of the joke... they all get covered in the 'shmallow crap, and when they're all asking if everyone's alright, the ask venkman, and he looks at himself as if to say "don't you see that i'm not covered in marchmallow crap?" and says "fine!"

it's a joke, a purposfully ludicrous situation, meant to illicit a humorous response, namely in the form of laughter on the part of the viewer.

so laugh.

now.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I had a cameo in that movie, but they cut it. I was a ghost extra in the library.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"