Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ghostbusters and the Sta-Puft Marshmellow Man

Near the end of the movie, after the Ghostbusters cross the streams that result in the gigantic explosion that burns the Sta-Puft Marshmellow Man up, the Ghostbusters emerge from the smoky ruins completely covered in marshmellow goo...except for Venkman (Bill Murray).

Why is that?

Was it perhaps because he got "slimed" earlier and he wasn't interested in getting the full treatment again? In other words, maybe it was the other guy's turns?

Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks.

I think he ducked behind something. It would be just like him to do something like that.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    I think he ducked behind something. It would be just like him to do something like that.
    But they made the guys up like that for the post-explosion shots. Why did Bill Murray get a pass on getting all gooed up?

It wouldn't look very good if Peter had to rescue and make out with Dana covered in marshmallow goop!
    Piett
    "Torontogosh! Master Luke inchimini doodoooooo..."

I think I recall reading that Bill Murry wouldn't allow them to cover him with Marshmallow goop. It may be mentioned on the DVD audio commentary, I'm not sure. That would be your best bet, if you were curious.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by stillakid

But they made the guys up like that for the post-explosion shots. Why did Bill Murray get a pass on getting all gooed up?
    Just before the marshmallow man blows up, you can see Peter getting ready to duck, which makes me think he thought to get behind something before that happened. So I think Bill Murray just wanted to do the different thing. So it'd be like a "heh heh, you guys all got gooed while I hid!" type of thing.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters! I'm with LT, he ducked. I know they were planing to make Ghostbusters 3 when they came out with the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon, and after Chris Farley died they said they were still going to make it, I know that it probably won't get made because Murray hasn't liked any of the scripts but has anybody heard anything?
    The Truth Is Out There - Please Insert Disk 1

-Yeah, shes mine

Originally posted by Jacen Solo
    Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters! I'm with LT, he ducked. I know they were planing to make Ghostbusters 3 when they came out with the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon, and after Chris Farley died they said they were still going to make it, I know that it probably won't get made because Murray hasn't liked any of the scripts but has anybody heard anything?
    Um, he didn't duck. There isn't a shot of the guys actually getting pelted with the goo. There is a shot of the guys with their guns, and we see the Marshmellow Man "screaming" in the background. Then it cuts to a few big wide explosion shots. The only guy that we actually see in the process of getting covered in goo is the EPA guy who is down on the street. When we cut back up to the top of the building, the guys emerge from offscreen in various coverages of marshmellow. So there was a decision of some sort made that allowed Bill Murray to not be madeup with goo to the extent as the other guys. I'm just curious as to that conversation.

Jonna
    He didn't get covered because he was the coolest one. Hello!!!

Originally posted by Jonna
    He didn't get covered because he was the coolest one. Hello!!!