Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Films that Parents can enjoy with their Kids....

....without needing a lobotomy.

Please list movies you found especially entertaining, that were appropriate for young kids, too.

Here are a few starters:

The Indy Jones flix
    SW flix
    Harry Potter
    Spy Kids
    Last Starfighter
    Doctor Doolittle (original)
    Oliver! (60's version)
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    Omen trilogy
    j/k - just seeing if you were paying attn.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Superman The Movie
    Beauty and the Beast (Disney's best animated IMHO)
    Robin Hood (my personal favorite Disney animated film)
    TRON
    STII: The Wrath of Khan- saw this when I was 8, first real exposure to ST, made me a life long fan, and the whole Ceti eel thing did not bother me, probably even more tame now.
    Clash of the Titans
    BTTF trilogy

I was allowed to watch Alien on HBO when I was 6. The only film my parents did not allow me to watch because they felt I was too young was A Clockwork Orange, so I tend to allow for kids to watch more mature films.

Trainspotting, Freddy Got Fingered, Austin Powers Triliogy......
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I saw most horror movies already at young age and it hasn't affected me in any negative way (at least in my oppinion )
    I think I started seeing horromovies (like alien, nightmare on elm street etc.) by the age of 8 or 9
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Toy Story 1/2
    A Bugs Life
    Willow
    Princess Bride <--- The best of the lot
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Jonna
    Much like 187-Maul, I was exposed to a lot of monster/horror movies very early on (5 or 6) that I watched with my mother. While not generally the best thing for children, I had no problem realizing it was all fake at an early age.

Re: Films that Parents can enjoy with their Kids....

Originally posted by SWAFMAN
    ....without needing a lobotomy.

Please list movies you found especially entertaining, that were appropriate for young kids, too.

Here are a few starters:

The Indy Jones flix
    SW flix
    Harry Potter
    Spy Kids
    Last Starfighter
    Doctor Doolittle (original)
    Oliver! (60's version)
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    Omen trilogy
    j/k - just seeing if you were paying attn.
    Doctor Doolittle! Why that's outrageous! Don't you know the only reason the animals can talk is cause they're possessed? I don't want my kids seeing some kind of Satanic crap like that!

I think Lilo and Stitch was a good movie for the kids to see. Most Disney ones are, but I didn't take mine to Hunchback. Too dark and scary for them.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

- The Muppet Movie
    - Muppets from Space
    - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (although some young kids do get a bit freaked out by Slugworth and some of Wonka's "darker" scenes)

by the way, TRON was an excellent choice WedgeA, good call!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought that Shrek was entertaining enough for children with a lot of subtle adult humor thrown in.

Believe it or not The Grinch, Toy Story, A Bugs Life, Monsters Inc, Ice age, Iron Giant, Atlantis, Pete's Dragon, and I will say Harry Potter for most, cause kids do like it, although I thought it was something I already seen in many other films.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!