View Poll Results: Are you going to collect the Disney Star Tours Figures?

Voters
890. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, these look great! I can't wait to get 'em!

233 26.18%
  • Yes, I'll get them if I don't have to visit a theme park.

355 39.89%
  • No, I don't think I'm interested in these items.

212 23.82%
  • Maybe. I'm not sure they're going to be part of my collection.

90 10.11%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Jonna
    In a word, No!

Apperantly the reason the 4th Droid isn't turning up yet is because it's planned for a second assortment. According to Rebelscum, there may actually be as many as 3 assortments, or 9 total droids.

According to one source there will be nine droids altogether, not six. Three waves of three, with the second coming out in three months or so.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I was planning on picking them up earlier this month when I was down in SoCal for vacation. Now I'm a little more hesitant unless I can get them from the Fan Club cheaper than the $10 they'll be asking at the parks. I don't ever remember that boxy looking droid so I'll probably not get it, but the R3 is a definite yes. Can't have enough astromechs in my opinion..

BTW Tycho, I hope you're right about the wide availability of these things. I talked with the manager of the Rebel Base at D-Land when I was there and he said they would probably be in short supply so you would have to come into the store to buy them. I find that to be very silly because if there's money to be made, Disney will have tons produced. When was the last time they ever limited production on something that was popular? Isn't that why they produce all those inane straight-to-video animated movies?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

It would be great if these were to show up at The Disney Stores.

9 DROIDS?! Wow....I was considering a nice lot of 3 to add to my collection but 9 seems like a lot. I'll play this one by ear...
    http://www.streetmusicny.com

"Street Music" (Directed by JD Marlow) is a documentary short about performance in public spaces, focusing on NYC street and subway musicians. Check out my web site for more information about the film!

Ive got tons of other figures to worry about right now instead of some theme park attractions so I voted no.

That is why I voted only through fan club. I am a completist, but I also have other things to get to before these Star Tours figs. I only have up to Jango Final Battle!! I need figs #32-#44!!
    http://www.streetmusicny.com

"Street Music" (Directed by JD Marlow) is a documentary short about performance in public spaces, focusing on NYC street and subway musicians. Check out my web site for more information about the film!

Ive never been on star tours so these figs mean nothing to me other than a curiosity.

Im sure they will still sell great because star wars fans will buy almost anything...

I am soooo there.
    It's ironic they bring them out this year as my friend and I are making a trip there in August.

Needless to say...I will have to pick up 3 sets of them

BTW - anyone know if the Indy figures are still available? I didn't get one the last time I was there since they were sold out!!!!!

MTFBWY
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader